Getting Healthy 2015

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2015

Postby BigFlower » 21 Apr 2015, 00:18

Kanga, maintenanceis aawesome - and definitely 9 months at least to lose the baby weight is entirely reasonable! Sounds like you are doing great so don't be disheartened.

Well done Kit and Marron!

You'll be building up before you know it.

I have a proud moment to report - 11 months after my first C25K run I did a half marathon on Sunday. I can't believe it! Soooo proud of myself! Very hard but I made it. :D
DD - Feb 2010
BigFlower

Postby Cofa's Tree » 21 Apr 2015, 06:23

Well done everyone - there's some great achievements in this thread! And thanks for the confirmation Marron that any weightloss will help with the ultrasounds!

I'm doing walking and swimming, and had wanted to keep up with some gentle jogging but I don't feel right when I do it and it hurts, a lot, afterwards so I don't think it's right for me at the moment. Haven't put any weight on and about 10 weeks pregnant now. Not deliberately restricting my calories but am hungriest first thing in the morning (loading up with two weetabix, topped with a generous portion of bran flakes and whole milk!), losing my appetite as the day goes on, so I can only manage a small evening dinner. Eating lots of fruit but have had to swap my salad at lunch for an egg sandwich as felt salad just wasn't doing it for me!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Nix » 21 Apr 2015, 06:45

You just keep doing what you feel is right CT!

I am joining the gym! A friend has invited me to Aqua Zumba with her on Thursday mornings, I noticed that they do aerobics on a Wednesday morning which I can attend and I can also use their gym and pool so it makes sense to join the direct debit. I am very excited and also nervous. I have joined gyms before and before long I have been paying for a membership I don't use. But it feels different this time, I have been using my fitness pal and my Fitbit for months now.
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby emzit » 21 Apr 2015, 09:45

Awesome Marron!

I've got two achievements for this week - I had my measurements taken on Thursday and have lost 25cm in four weeks. Mainly waist, hips and thighs (7, 7.5 and 5) respectively so super excited about that! The only place I didn't lose from was bust but I was wearing a different bra and milk levels would have been different so I don't think that's right.

And the other is that my fitness challenges for this week was the cooper 1.5 mile test which I ran in 16'09" which is in the 'fair' category! I was aiming for around the 17'30" mark so really happy and excited to do it again in six weeks and improve. I was only 15 seconds off the 'good' category so that's my aim for next time.

Eating is going pretty well. I'm still losing weight, now less than 4kg from healthy weight and haven't been being super strict so that feels good. I do want to tighten up the eating for the next six weeks but I'm not beating myself up for going off the meal plan because I've only gone over my high calorie limit of 1650 once which is still pretty damn good.

I feel like I'm really kicking weight loss's arse at the moment, feeling so positive and confident. Have lost at least one jeans size and I wore my benchmark jeans, the ones I love the most and always felt looked best, to the city on the weekend and they fitted perfectly! Work clothes are getting way too big as I'm now about 6kg lighter than when I started my current job in 2013. Looking forward to my birthday in June as I'm just asking for money and going to do a big giant clothes shop! :)
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Kitcameron » 21 Apr 2015, 11:10

Wow everyone, really great things happening here. I'm currently feeding CM then off to make cake, that'll really help me loose this cms of extra baby belly lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Marrow » 24 Apr 2015, 18:34

Well done everybody! KC, sometimes you just need to feed your soul cake :)

I finished my old job nearly one month ago. There were plenty of days when 5000 steps was an achievement. In the last calendar month, I have hit my step target (12000) every day, and only missed my stair target (50) once. Feeling pretty good about that, and liking the fact that last week I managed to spend pretty much a whole day in a lead coat without getting exhausted.

BMI = 25.4.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 25 Apr 2015, 15:38

A lead coat? That sounds exhausting.

The cake was for our TinyTalk teacher, apparently I made her cry lol. (In a good way by making her cake for her birthday not I made her cry so had to make cake to make up for it lol) I need to start having cake free days, I eat far too much cake.

Should try and go for a run tonight as I haven't been since Monday I don't think. This won't help me get better at running lol. Fitbit died Thursday night so it didn't register that I'd reached my step target which I'm sure I did, gutted. Also didn't get another battery until yesterday afternoon so yesterday's steps were compromised too :( i have a spare now in case of emergencies lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Nix » 27 Apr 2015, 12:02

I just did 24 lengths! I am slow, it took me half an hour but I didn't stop once. I have my gym induction Wednesday morning, I need an idea for what to do with my phone when I'm on the cross trainer etc..I want to listen to spotify. What do you all do?

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby Kanga » 27 Apr 2015, 13:08

Nix, my dh has an arm strap for his phone for when he's running.

Today is the (re)start of sorting myself out. My birthday week is over, way too many calories were consumed but somehow the scales read the same today (if it weren't for the fact dh has used them I'd be worried they're stuck on one figure ;) )
Trouble is, I am tired today, and feeling teary for some reason, and just want to eat crisps, chocolate & cheesy things.

It's my mums 60th in 3 months so that is my incentive. I want to be able to wear something nice and it look ok!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby RedRum » 27 Apr 2015, 13:23

I have an arm thing too nix. Got it from sports direct for a few quid.

I have gained 21 lbs at 37 weeks and hoping to stay here! Been eating lots the past couple of weeks and way too much sugar for my liking, but been very active having redecorated most of downstairs and walking.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Marrow » 27 Apr 2015, 16:09

Nix, I bought a two-pack of runners belts from Amazon for not a lot. I only need one - you are welcome to have the other one ffp if you think it will be useful. It's this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00PRXX ... ref=plSrch
But in a different colour (sorry for rubbish link!)
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Nix » 28 Apr 2015, 08:15

Thanks for thinking of me Marron, I am not sure how I feel about something around my tummy when exercising though. My sister suggested just puting my phone in the cup holder. Or I may grab an arm band next time I am in sports direct.

red rum, you look fab in your recent bump photo. Well done to you for having such a healthy pregnancy!

Pippa's nursery is closed due to a fire. Mum reluctantly said she would mind her while I go for my gym induction.

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby emzit » 28 Apr 2015, 10:59

Well done on going to your induction anyway Nix, so easy to bail. You would probably be fine just sticking your phone in the cup holder or if it's a fancy gym they might have TVs. I run while watching renovation competition shows. That's what got me through the 5km run I did!

I'm struggling with motivation at the minute. Exercise is still ok, this week a bit rubbish due to being away and now being sick, but I'm not worried about pulling it back. Food though is pretty crap. Need to pull myself together and get focussed again but it feels like I have been on meal plans for tooooo long. It's been 12 weeks between the breakthrough program and the foxy program. Must get head into gear again!
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Cofa's Tree » 28 Apr 2015, 17:27

Nix wrote:red rum, you look fab in your recent bump photo. Well done to you for having such a healthy pregnancy!.

Ohhh, can I see the bump pic RR?! (sent you a fb request but no worries if not :D )

Hope tomorrow goes ok Nix, and keep going emzit, you've done soooo amazingly well. Have a kick up the bum to get you going <kick>!
Cofa's Tree

Postby RedRum » 28 Apr 2015, 19:17

Added you CT - it's on my tumblr linked in my signature url too x
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre