Getting Healthy 2015

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2015

Postby BigFlower » 10 Apr 2015, 19:04

Excellent with the step count KC! Holidays are soooo hard for decent eating, hope that you are feeling back in the zone soon.
DD - Feb 2010
BigFlower

Postby Marrow » 10 Apr 2015, 21:23

BF that all sounds fab! It really sounds like the changes you've made are here to stay.

KC you have such a lot going on! But hopefully keeping active will make you feel good.

My new job is all good at the moment. It's less desk-based, I have been able to walk to work, and it's been sunny enough to go for a lunch time stroll.

I also, as of today, weigh less than my DH. Which is an entirely arbitrary achievement, but one which nonetheless makes me happy.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby RedRum » 11 Apr 2015, 07:50

You're all doing so well! I'm into the final straits of this pregnancy now (coming up for 35 weeks) and feeling so uncomfortable. My hips and back are giving up on me! I've been off all this week for Easter hols and got out of all my usual routines eating wise but have still been fairly active with some good long walks and a few full days of decorating and gardening. Total weight gain so far is 22 lbs, with 4 of those in the last week!my bump has had an enormous growth spurt. It's scary seeing the numbers on the scale creeping up. If I can get through this last month without suddenly ballooning I'll be happy.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby BigFlower » 11 Apr 2015, 21:33

For the first time ever I really think it is here to stay Marron. I am not worried about stopping. Whenever I have exercised in the past it's always been for some particular reason (eg getting married) and I have known in my heart that it won't last... But it feels different now. Even if I have some time off for a baby (touch wood it happens) I know I will be back on it. Feels secure.

RR sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable at the moment. Home straight! Can't believe you're only 5 weeks off! Wishing you well for the remaining time.
DD - Feb 2010
BigFlower

Postby Cofa's Tree » 13 Apr 2015, 06:19

Lovely to hear all your updates and, well done everyone for keeping going! I know that feeling Marron, and it's great :D

I've had a few mad weeks so am totally out of my gym routine but will be getting back to it this week. I've given up monitoring my food intake but it's now habit to eat relatively good stuff now (most of the time!), and although I'm only nearly nine weeks pregnant, I can't seem to eat huge quantities of anything so am naturally reducing my intake which is good if I am having less healthy food!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Cofa's Tree » 15 Apr 2015, 11:47

Woo, had my booking in appt with the midwife today, and when checking my weight and height, she commented 'That's fine then, you're within the healthy range'. I could have kissed her...that what this was all about for me, getting as healthy as I could for baby number two (as well as for myself), and I thought I would still just be out of the healthy range so delighted to hear I was ok :D . And if my scans don't have something like 'visibility restricted by maternal BMI' plastered across the top of them this time, then I will be ecstatic!
Cofa's Tree

Postby emzit » 15 Apr 2015, 13:10

Awesome Marron, well done! I'll never hit that milestone I dont think as my DH is stupidly lean but my fairly arbitrary one is that I've now lost the weight of a small child - my own 3y8m old to be precise. He is getting really heavy to carry, it's quite a scary thought that only 3.5 months ago I had that much extra weight. I'm now just below my pre-muncher weight was is another awesome milestone.

My diet has been a bit iffy lately - still below 1650 calories every day but not always getting proportions right and I'm really aiming for lower. I need to mae sure I do lots of planning and stick to the plan. Exercise is good, that's always been my strong point but food needs lots of willpower.

Well done we've gone else for good work - CT I can see why you're so thrilled, so lovely that you have worked so hard for your little bubba no 2 and they are there now, the best reward for all your hard work and struggles. :)
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Nix » 15 Apr 2015, 13:33

Cofa's Tree wrote:Woo, had my booking in appt with the midwife today, and when checking my weight and height, she commented 'That's fine then, you're within the healthy range'. I could have kissed her...that what this was all about for me, getting as healthy as I could for baby number two (as well as for myself), and I thought I would still just be out of the healthy range so delighted to hear I was ok :D . And if my scans don't have something like 'visibility restricted by maternal BMI' plastered across the top of them this time, then I will be ecstatic!

Well done CT! I also had visibility restricted by my bmi, so upsetting when it affects the quality of your scans!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Apr 2015, 14:31

Woo, great going CT, Emzit and Marron. You're all doing fab. I'm maintaining my current weight, which is about half a stone lighter than where I was and I'm fine with that, my step count has doubled since January, partly due to better weather the past coue of weeks and partly due to getting a Fitbit, but I'm sure my baby belly has gotten bigger over Easter. Too much chocolate and good food. It's the baby belly thats my main target area so not exactly going to plan but never mind. I'll keep at it and maybe I'll surprise myself. Need to get back to my works out sessions as well as they've all stopped 10th March.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Cofa's Tree » 15 Apr 2015, 19:25

Thanks all.
Nix wrote:Well done CT! I also had visibility restricted by my bmi, so upsetting when it affects the quality of your scans!

I never even thought my weight would affect the quality of the scan and I found it really upsetting when I first saw it splashed across the top of the scan photo and report. Not sure if I've done enough for it to not have an effect this time, but I know I've tried my best over the last few months :) .
Cofa's Tree

Postby Marrow » 15 Apr 2015, 20:00

I am a physicist working in medical imaging. I know (it is my job to know) exactly how and why it is easier to see things in a small body part / patient than in a big one, whatever the cause of the 'big' - a very muscular person is just as difficult to image.

I've been overweight / obese for most of my life. One of the few times I've been a sensible weight is before getting pregnant, and during my pregnancy. Having generally dreaded all things medical for most of my life, and seen / been professionally involved with imaging big patients, it was sooooo nice to have my bump described as 'neat' by the sonographer!

CT - any amount of weight lost will help. The thing that makes the biggest difference is the distance between your skin and the fetus - being very overweight often puts an extra layer of subcutaneous fat between the ultrasound probe and the fetus. Any amount of reducing that barrier will help.
Marrow

Postby Kanga » 15 Apr 2015, 20:51

Well done everyone, there's some great work going on!

I'm still lurking on the thread but not doing very well. On a positive note I seem to be maintaining my weight rather than gaining so I guess that's something. Easter saw lots of food & it's my birthday next week & we have another couple of meals planned so I'm now thinking I'll re-start after that. Same as you kc, it's the baby belly that I really need to lose. When I look in the mirror (with clothes on) I'm not too unhappy apart from my tummy.

I'm also working to the idea of 9 months to put on the baby weight & 9 months to lose it. Ds2 is 6 months next week so I'm hoping for half a stone off in 3 months. It coincides with my mums 60th so a good incentive to lose some weight.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Kitcameron » 19 Apr 2015, 07:19

I ran (almost) a mile last night!!! very slowly but I did it. I've got a circuit to run round the block and I've found an extra bit to add in which will hopefully make it a full mile and I'm hoping to run a couple of times a week and start my work out in between running nights too. Step count has more than doubled since Christmas and I think I'm eating a bit less cake and biscuits than I was
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Marrow » 20 Apr 2015, 18:49

I survived my first C25K session! Work to nursery with a small detour via the park was a perfect length. Bring it on!!!
Marrow

Postby ToothFairy » 20 Apr 2015, 22:27

Yay :D Go Marron!!
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre