Getting Healthy 2015

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2015

Postby Treeb » 05 Jan 2015, 03:49

I need to join too please! Currently 17 weeks pregnant and I haven't done any exercise of any sort since well before getting pregnant. Have been using my fitbit and am finding it a struggle to reach even 5,000 steps in a day. Broke our stroller in October which has meant really cutting back on my walking with L. Need to get a new stroller, but haven't researched enough to know what I want for the new baby (possibly a tandem stroller?) Also hate the cold weather so it is hard to find the motivation to get out the door this time of year.

Obviously being pregnant I'm not trying to lose weight, but I started off heavier than last time and I know for my own health and the baby's it's important to get moving a little more! I've been feeling completely exhausted the whole time so far, but keep wondering if a little exercise would actually help boost my energy. I have two pregnancy workout DVDs (yoga and pilates) which I haven't touched, and am also thinking of looking at walking workouts on YouTube. I guess I'll set a goal of working out twice this week and if I manage that I will up it to three workouts next week!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Cofa's Tree » 05 Jan 2015, 07:07

LucyLastic wrote:Unlike the 60 Ferrero Rocher, the 6 (SIX!) boxes of Orange Matchmakers (650 calories per box - how is that possible?), the Bitsa Wispa, the Toblerone triangle, the tin of sweets... Why do people not listen when I say 'No chocolate'? (Okay, so *I* bought the Matchmakers... I really don't help myself)

I took all my leftover unopened chocolates, crackers (of the biscuit type) and crisps to our local food bank collection in Tesco (along with some pasta and rice to balance the crap...), which got rid of it without any guilt at chucking it!

Lovely to see so many of us here to support and motivate each other. I got to the gym yesterday and ventured into the weights zone, despite a bloke smirking at me and patronisingly asking if I was coming to 'pump iron' with a laugh...'well, yes you prick, seeing as this is the weights section, got a problem with that?' is what I should have said :(
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kanga » 05 Jan 2015, 07:42

Right, aims etc. ideally I think I'd like to lose about a stone, but mostly I just need to get rid of my tummy as I still look pg!

Trouble is exercise with a small bf baby is going to be hard. I used to swim one evening a week but that won't work at the mo. I walk for school run but at 2 year old speed so not very cardiovascular, although balanced a bit by ds2 in the sling. We have a rowing machine I should dig out really. Otherwise its probably the shred DVD. I have in the back of my mind I shouldn't do it while bf though, something to do with ligaments bring sift. Any ideas or am I making excuses?!

Mostly I just need to eat less. Less of wrong stuff anyway. I'm definitely in the mind set I can get away with it cos of bf but it appears I can't, unlike last time!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Kitcameron » 05 Jan 2015, 08:30

I hear you Kanga, think we need to hold each other accountable lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 05 Jan 2015, 09:40

I need to join too please! At the end of 2014 I had lost 22lb on weight watchers, but we have been on holiday since mid November at my parents and the weight loss has stalled.
My goals would be:
- lose another 22lb
- start running more
- eat less sugary snacks

I got a fit band thing for Christmas so have been making sure I do 10,000 steps every day, and our meals are all mostly balanced, healthy and a good portion size, the problem is the chocolate, sweets and ice cream between meals! I am making the most of stàying with mum as DH and I have been running (a little bit) or walking to the gym, doing a workout and walking home most days...but I think that is making me really hungry so I am snacking more. But I feel motivated to be healthier and slimmer by the time I go back to work in july.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Cofa's Tree » 06 Jan 2015, 07:33

How have the last few days gone?

Tuesday is my 'official' weigh in - just stepped on the scales and both of the Christmas 2lbs have now gone, bringing me back to 19lbs lost since Sept. Didn't do any exercise yesterday at all as back to work (sedentary office job), but will try to go out at lunchtime for a walk, or take the stairs (I work on the 7th floor). Failing that, I know I'm going to the gym tomorrow, but I really should try and incorporate some exercise into my three work days...
Cofa's Tree

Postby Marrow » 06 Jan 2015, 09:25

I don't have an official weigh in day (I step on the scales every day on the way in to the shower). But I've lost 2kg in 5 days. Which is clearly not true - I'be just lost the Christmas bloat rather than actual weight - but it looks good on my graph!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Nix » 06 Jan 2015, 09:30

I don't have any scales! I have picked up a second hand wii for Harvey for his bday and it came with a wii fit board which I am hoping to use to keep track of my weight. Hopefully will get it set up and used regularly on his bday 16th Jan! Well done Marron! That's a great loss!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby emzit » 06 Jan 2015, 10:28

I need to join this thread too! Been meaning to since it started but been too busy to do anything except check on RP!

I am currently 20kg above a healthy weight and 15kg above my pre-muncher weight. I've been doing classes once or twice a week for a while now but not seeing much of a change and bfing doesn't seem to be doing anything.

My biggest issue is eating - I need to reign in bored snacking and I have MFP but tend to only use it for a couple of days at a time and then stop. I need to be accountable to someone so if there is anyone that wants to connect with me on it and hassle me to use it that would be great - I am emzlt there.

So my goals are to fit back into enough of my work clothes by the time I go back (2 months) to not need new ones, longer term get all the baby weight off and then see about healthy weights. I was a healthy weight in 2008 when I was gymming lots so I know I can do it, I just have to find the time.

I've just done a 25 minute Jillian Michaels DVD and am off tomorrow to check out a gym that does Les Mills classes at times I might actually be able to go to, so just need to keep on track now!
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Cofa's Tree » 06 Jan 2015, 12:52

Nix wrote:I don't have any scales!

You don't need them Nix - just measure yourself with a tape measure and watch the cms/inches fall away! You can plot them on MFP too so you get the nice graph to look at (if you don't already).

Farewell to the Christmas bloat Marron, fab stuff!

I think I'm going a bit loopy with an addiction to exercise - I feel really motivated today so have climbed all nine flights of stairs at work this morning, and will probably do them again mid-afternoon, plus I've just gone for a brisk(ish) 20 min walk with a colleague. Feel really excited inside like I want to go running up and down the office...but I'll try to restrain myself... :)
Cofa's Tree

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 06 Jan 2015, 12:59

I'm in too.
I've joined the ymca and go there quite regularly, because I get 2hrs of childcare included in my membership and it's nice to have no one touching me for a little while everyday.
I need to track my eating. Last time I wasn't losing weight I wasn't eating enough. My body is apparently a fat sponge and just soaks up all of the fat it can and saves it for a rainy day. Maybe A will wean one of the days and it'll sort itself out...
I'm another one with a fitbit. Anyone want to be friends/know how to do it? What I have learned is that i am a really restless sleeper and I spend most of my time walking around the house in circles, running up and down the stairs for no apparent reason. Still, it gets my step counter up. I don't like that it can't tell when I'm on the bike. The elliptical is a bit hit and miss and yoga doesn't register at all. Hoovering registers. Maybe I should do more of that. Ha!

Oh, and kanga, I did Jillian micheals while bfing. I didn't start until about 6months pp though. But that was because I had a cs. I'd say you'll be grand.
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby Treeb » 06 Jan 2015, 13:50

I've lost my holiday bloat too, thank goodness. I was worried it was permanent cookie weight (and if I'm not careful I will start gaining cookie weight since FIL sent us home with a suitcase full of cookies!)

I'd love to connect with anyone on fitbit. I think we may need to be Facebook friends or use email addresses to find each other? PM me if you want to be friends and we can try to figure it out.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Marrow » 06 Jan 2015, 14:40

I'm going to PM my email address to Treeb and Turtle'sMammy, but if anyone else wants to be Fitbit friends, PM me yours.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 06 Jan 2015, 15:57

I think I have sent a request :?
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 06 Jan 2015, 16:20

I'm in! I have to be. I'm overweight and will be skiing in December!!! So, a whoooooole year to get my act together!

I'm going to detox again - had planned to start today but I'm full of cold so it will have to wait. Will hopefully start next Wednesday!! I'm also going to continue the weight loss programme for 30 days after that. I felt so much better after detoxing last year - 9 days was tough but worth it. I just need to not undo all the good work and keep the damn weight off!!! I will then do the "everything in moderation" approach with a further detox over the summer.

Tap dancing starts again next week, which I'm looking forward to. Buying new tap shoes too.

My plan is to start swimming at least once a week too. Pickle is at nursery Tuesdays and Wednesdays so will go then. Tap is also on a Tuesday but must use the time I have - though would prefer to have them spaced during the week.

I also have a step machine gathering dust in the bedroom so aim to start on that again. 3-4 times a week. I would also like to add in a brisk walk - get some fresh air as the other 2 activities are indoors.

I need to be realistic about expectations as I'm terribly unfit and have gained yet more weight over the holidays. So will not try to overhaul myself by 15th January, but to take it steady! I have the year and need to make full use of it.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre