Running for kids?

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Running for kids?

Postby Fozza » 31 Mar 2014, 21:30

F talks about running a lot he's said he'd like to do a long race ('like 5 or 8 miles') I ran a bit last year so could take him. Anyone else's children run? Would couch to 5k be a good starting point?
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Re: Running for kids?

Postby jvnt » 01 Apr 2014, 01:54

I have a friend whose daughter started running with her mum - she's 8 now and super successful on the triathlon circuit here, I know she absolutely loves it.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby supermansmum » 01 Apr 2014, 06:52

Ds1 has come for a few very short runs with me. He has done a lot of races!! Most of the big running events have a very short (1-3km) kids race....he has nearly always been the youngest and last but gets a medal and is super proud of himself. I think it's a great thing to encourage...but not sure how...like you suggested I'd go for a few runs with him and take it from there....maybe find a short race coming up if you think he'd like to have something to aim for.
Mum to two Supermen - Aka D Jan -09 & E March-11
supermansmum

Postby Cofa's Tree » 01 Apr 2014, 09:06

You could have a look at the Park Run website perhaps, and see if there's one near you? My husband does this every week and there are people of all ages and abilities (http://www.parkrun.org.uk). There's always a really good atmosphere and your time gets logged on a website so it's quite a fun thing to do.
Cofa's Tree

Return to The Activity Centre