Recommend me a pilates DVD please

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Recommend me a pilates DVD please

Postby bimbambalooms » 31 Jan 2011, 17:12

I have never done Pilates before but after a CS, a natural birth plus 15 or so years of no exercise AT ALL I need to do something about my core stability before I become a hunched and smelly old woman.
Mummy to
Snufflebum, a gorgeous FIVE year old!
Snugglechops, has just turned TWO!
bimbambalooms

Re: Recommend me a pilates DVD please

Postby FlossiesMum » 11 Feb 2011, 11:51

I was looking too (I've done a couple of classes but that's it...need to cover the basics)

I was thinking of signing up for the free trial here - there's lots of background info on basic exercises etc. http://www.pilatesanytime.com/ BUT I haven't done it yet so can't recommend properly but I figured for nothing it would be worth a go for a few days to cover the basics first....which would probably in turn open up more possibilities for DVDs.
Greenwich & Lewisham Sling Library - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. http://www.facebook.com/greenwichlewishamslings
FlossiesMum

Postby ceeLIN » 20 Feb 2011, 21:00

i was planning to post something similar to this, i've had back probs on and off for about 16 years now and i have been rubbish about improving my core stability during those times when i've not been in pain.
Well, i was all set to start doing Pilates but found out i was pg with DD and so never started :)
I've tried a Pilates book but it's impossible to check the book to know whether you're doing it right or not!
Pilates classes are so damn expensive that there's no way i can afford it even if i managed to find a class at the right time.
DD1 aka Baby Cee July 2009
DD2 March 2013
ceeLIN

Postby cloudcuckoo » 20 Feb 2011, 21:11

I have one out of the library at the moment which we are really enjoying, and doing together 2 or 3 times a week, and this from someone who has NO WILLPOWER, especially where exercise is concerned. It is by Gaiam (think they make mats and stuff and do yoga kits) and it is called 5 Day Fit. It has five workouts on it - morning, evening, cardio, weight loss maintenance and something else I can't remember. Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UACO6U/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby ceeLIN » 24 Feb 2011, 21:12

Would you recommend that DVD for a complete beginner Clairee?
DD1 aka Baby Cee July 2009
DD2 March 2013
ceeLIN

Return to The Activity Centre