Get fit support group anyone? Jan 2011

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Get fit support group anyone?

Postby Allium » 18 Jan 2011, 16:02

BagofSkips wrote:That system looks very cool Allie - it's gooooood pain right? ;) What kind of things do you have to do?

Definitely good pain...I was really buzzed after the workout yesterday, but it also took me ages to summon the energy to lift the fork so I could eat my dinner afterwards (salad, obviously!). There's basically a few different sections which build together to a flatter tum! So there's a 20 minute workout 6 days a week (or 40 minutes 4 times, but that'd really kill me at the moment) which is interval training with random designed to kill you exercises & some cardio. But there's also a breathing exercise to do every day, some tummy exercises, & some posture exercises. And a list of things not to eat & others you should eat (all very normal, sensible stuff, not restrictive at all, mainly just cutting out refined sugars). There's videos every week to show you how it's done. I'm finding it surprisingly easy to keep up with the exercises (although the actual workouts only started yesterday, so watch this space!), & I've only fallen off the diet bit twice (treacle tart on Sunday & a custard cream today :oops: ), but she 'allows' you to do that...says you should just enjoy it & work that bit harder the next day.

Oh...& the plan includes eating chocolate (it just has to be decent chocolate & not every day!
Mummy to Twink - 8/05/08, Squishy - 7/02/10 & Flopsy 1/11/12
Allium

Postby TwinklinGDecorations » 18 Jan 2011, 16:18

I tried to Shred today but the DVD remote has VANISHED - still a lot of stretching behind chairs and under the TV table, to the bottom of toy baskets etc. I hope I find it tonight, I am desperate to start after having it for so long........
So somehow it happened, my weaners are at school,
I'm still here though and people I'll try to fool,
with tales of advice giving and of wanting to know
But really here's the only place I ever want to go.
TwinklinGDecorations

Postby Allium » 18 Jan 2011, 18:39

I made the mistake of sitting down while the kids ate dinner & now every muscle is screaming...I'd thought I'd got away with it. So do I wimp out of tonight's workout (I'm allowed 1-2 days off a week) on account of not being able to move without whimpering? Or do I fight through it? It's been so long since I did any proper exercise I don't know which choice will hurt least!
Allium

Re: Get fit support group anyone? Jan 2011

Postby skip » 18 Jan 2011, 19:52

Lol TG!

{{Allie}} sometimes working through it actually helps with the pain... ;) *ducks whatever object Allie just threw at her*

Well, I'm crying off tonight because I've had a sinus headache all day that no amount of sudafed and ibruprofen has touched. Just had a bath in the dark, cooked dinner in the dark and have the comp screen at lowest brightness. :(
skip

Postby RachelS » 18 Jan 2011, 19:56

Have just done the shred had a few days off what with one thing and another

hope the remote is found soon! Lol

hope everyone feels better soon.
Skip- steam steam steam for sinus headache and warm compress to face.
Aspiring yummy mummy but managing to be a slummy mummy to 2 gorgeous boys.
DS1 11/08/06
DS2 14/09/09
RachelS

Postby ceeLIN » 18 Jan 2011, 20:08

I really need to join you all here, but when do you find the time to exercise?!
By the time DD is in bed and i've done all my evening jobs i'm knackered!
DD1 aka Baby Cee July 2009
DD2 March 2013
ceeLIN

Postby Aitch » 18 Jan 2011, 20:46

i find otrivine really good for sinus headaches, you should try it. my immense sympathy, it's misery.
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby ToothFairy » 18 Jan 2011, 21:44

I've just done it again - I think that's more exercise than I've done in the past 40 years :D Now off to ice a carrot cake for tomorrow - it's healthy, it's got veg in :wink:
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Allium » 18 Jan 2011, 22:21

BagofSkips wrote:{{Allie}} sometimes working through it actually helps with the pain... ;) *ducks whatever object Allie just threw at her*

Yeah...that's what I thought...except I just stayed on the sofa while I thought it! And don't worry...no missiles aimed at your head...I'd have to move muscles to do that!!
Allium

Postby PerpetualMadness » 18 Jan 2011, 22:25

BagofSkips wrote:
BagofSkips wrote: Weights between 3-5lb (approx 1.4 - 2.2kg) - I use about 4(and a bit)lb (2kg) - actually, they're the handles and spinlocks from DH's weights, but they're just the right weight :)

Thanks. Should have know it'd be on the thread already and hunted for it myself. :oops:
PerpetualMadness

Postby DustyMcBrush » 19 Jan 2011, 15:03

Right, committing myself to doing new hip hop dance dvd this eve. (yep, thats right, i am down with the kiddiwinks)
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby TwinklinGDecorations » 23 Jan 2011, 20:16

Shred, Day One, Level One, Done. Man that was hard :o I think I'll do it again tomorrow afternoon although I'm not sure I'm going to be able to walk!! Mr. TGD is doing it now so I'll be in good company!!!! (we need a bigger lounge so we can do it together not one at a time)

I think I have a GSR buddy now on the condition we run the race for life in June first. Physio sign off will hopefully be mid Feb so training can begin :D
TwinklinGDecorations

Postby TwinklinGDecorations » 23 Jan 2011, 20:19

Shred, Day One, Level One, Done. Man that was hard :o I think I'll do it again tomorrow afternoon although I'm not sure I'm going to be able to walk!! Mr. TGD is doing it now so I'll be in good company!!!! (we need a bigger lounge so we can do it together not one at a time)

I think I have a GSR buddy now on the condition we run the race for life in June first. Physio sign off will hopefully be mid Feb so training can begin :D
TwinklinGDecorations

Postby camper » 31 Jan 2011, 02:46

DMcB - how's the hip hop dance going? Got your lino out? Are you busting out any caterpillars yet? :wink:
I'm using my days off work when MJ is at daycare to try and kill myself at the gym. Managed 7km run in about 55minutes today, plus some cycling, rowing, weights and the dreaded crunches. Normally when I'm there I feel guilty for having time to myself when DH is looking after MJ, and MJ and I could be doing something fun together. But as he's at daycare, the gym is the perfect procrastination to keep me from the housework!
<Looks around room at floor covered trainset, camping stuff and dustballs> - maybe I should go back again this afternoon...
camper

Postby shye » 06 Feb 2011, 15:43

I did an entire davina workout!! I usually get lazy or summoned by a child midway through.

I'm starting Zumba classes on Thursday and thought I should give my body some warning!!
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre