Get fit support group anyone? Jan 2011

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Get fit support group anyone?

Postby skip » 13 Jan 2011, 23:25

RachelS wrote:A quick question for the BLW Shredettes... how long should I do level one for.

i think it's meant to be 10 days of each level but do it for as long as you feel it's working, then when it's not as difficult move onto the next level...

RachelS wrote:Ok so I have failed to do day 3 shred as I can barely move without hurting.
Will try harder tomorrow.

Oh gawd I remember that - I couldn't even crawl upstairs!! Stretch WAAAAY more than they do in the cooldown and take some ibruprofen - and though you really don't feel like it, maybe try to have a go tomorrow (even though it hurts) - that was the only thing that actually stopped me dying of aches. If you rest too long your muscles seize up.

If it's any consolation I am DYING right now from my run on Tuesday. D Y I N G. My calves and bum are just in so much pain!!!!! How do you runners do it on pavement without this much pain? Or I am I just a total lamo?

{{TF}} - I think you're bloody excused if you're living on that little sleep! Hope you get some proper rest soon.
skip

Postby fothers » 14 Jan 2011, 09:53

I didn't manage day 2 shred yesterday as I had a splitting headache after work and M didn't go to bed until 9.30pm when I promptly went to mine. I was quite sore after day 1.

I start at 11am this morning so have had a session after dropping them of at nursery so that has made me feel better and I have been eating really healthily since Monday. :)

I must say I am liking it though so far. I feel loads better for eating less carbs (and prob not drinking the odd glass of wine) too.

Do you shreddettes do lady press ups or full press ups? I have started off doing full ones but need to switch to the easier option after a few.

Good luck every one.

BagofSkips- although your are sore are you not quite enjoying it as it means you must really have done something? that is always my twisted logic anyway...
Maisie -Jan 2008, Lois -Oct 2009, Rose -Nov 2011
fothers

Postby skip » 14 Jan 2011, 10:53

fothers wrote:Do you shreddettes do lady press ups or full press ups? I have started off doing full ones but need to switch to the easier option after a few.

I do the same: manly press ups for as many as I can, then switch to lady ones. I was amazed how my strength/stamina increased quite quickly - some of the exercises that had me collapsing at first are now almost easy!

fothers wrote:BagofSkips- although your are sore are you not quite enjoying it as it means you must really have done something? that is always my twisted logic anyway...

Heheh, yes, it's good pain. I'm almost uncrippled now (though M jumped on my leg earlier and I squealed!) so going to do a shred this PM on my lunchbreak. Shred it ladies!!
skip

Postby jvnt » 17 Jan 2011, 13:44

I Will Shred Tomorrow.

(Thought if I write it on here I may do better than I have this past week. Peer pressure/group support and all that.)
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby ToothFairy » 17 Jan 2011, 13:55

Having had a decent sleep last night, I think I'll be up to Shredding tonight! I really must, I've had the DVD a week and not even put it in the player yet :oops:
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby jvnt » 17 Jan 2011, 13:57

I will if you will :D
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby fothers » 17 Jan 2011, 17:02

I was brave and did level 2 today. It was tough, especially the jump squat things. It went ok though until I clunked dd1 with a weight on the head near the end :oops: :oops:

She was ok though and it earned me a couple of minute break while I grovelled an apology to her.

Not sure if I will be able to walk in the morning though....

Good luck jvnt and fairycake!
Maisie -Jan 2008, Lois -Oct 2009, Rose -Nov 2011
fothers

Postby skip » 17 Jan 2011, 17:26

Oooh those jumping squats - killer. Wait til the box jumping jacks on level 3 - argh. ;)

I did 'trouble zones' DVD today and my arm hurt afterwards just stirring white sauce! Had a bit of a lax weekend, though finding that doing yoga on days when I'm just too tired to work out really makes me feel better and less tired and that at least I'm doing *something*. Helps with stretching out sore muscles if you're dying from the day before's workout too...

Good luck TF and JVNT if you go for it tonight.
skip

Postby DustyMcBrush » 17 Jan 2011, 20:02

Well, listening to you ladies talk has confirmed my suspiscions that I am not ready for the shred experience! Holidaying in May so will perhaps brave it in April as a last ditch attempt!
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby Woodsies » 17 Jan 2011, 20:54

I need to check out this Shred of which you all speak......

Did a week 3 run tonight....went well. I hadn't run for about 4 or 5 weeks with the weather being so crappy and when I had to stop I had just got into week 3, so I went back and did week 2 again last week, for 4 runs. Felt relatively okay when I got back, which is pleasing.
Mummy to Hannah (November 2005) and Tom (October 2008)
Woodsies

Postby ToothFairy » 17 Jan 2011, 21:36

I <puff> hate <pant> you <puff> all <pant> :wink:

I have just realised how utterly, utterly unfit I am! I physically can't do press ups, even the girlie ones. I had to wimp out a couple of times to, and put my weights down. Still, it can only get better, right? Because right now I feel like I've been shredded!

If I can't move tomorrow, I'm holding you lot responsible!
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby skip » 17 Jan 2011, 21:55

{{Fairycake}} I was exactly the same when I started, honestly. It is hard. But if you do it at least 3-4 times a week your fitness rockets - I was having to do the beginner versions of everything, as well as taking breaks (she says take 5 seconds then get right back in!) and dropping weights when I couldn't do it any more. It. Is. Hard. But worth it - I have never been this fit in my life. It still makes me sweat but it stops killing you after a while.
skip

Postby PerpetualMadness » 17 Jan 2011, 22:10

(((FC))) lol!

Well, I just went to amazon and it was down to £5 so I ordered it. I'm blaming you lot. I'll probably pass out! Also do I need anything other than hand weights? ( must try and locate them...)
PerpetualMadness

Postby ToothFairy » 17 Jan 2011, 22:14

You'll probably be OK with your carpet, but I need to find my yoga mat - the conservatory floor is HARD!!! And a pint of water to hand wouldn't be a bad idea...
ToothFairy

Postby PerpetualMadness » 17 Jan 2011, 22:17

Should probably use the yoga mat to protect the carpet from my sweat!
PerpetualMadness

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre