Let's do it...... The Weigh In Thread

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Let's do it...... The Weigh In Thread

Postby DustyMcBrush » 18 Nov 2010, 11:15

Sounds tricky camper, its hard to place what you are doing wrong really!

I think it would be a shamr if you had to cut down your fruit intake.

At the moment im taking a big bowl of soup (prefereably one without potatoes) to work and that keeps me filled up most of the day. If i have a snack its usually some manner of lite bite crisp affair or low fat mousse. Both of which im sure are not that healthy! Ive started getting graze boxes and can give you teh code for a free one if you want! you can opt for "normal" or "healthy" when choosing your box. Im a wuss and go for "normal"!
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby realsLINshady » 18 Nov 2010, 11:39

I eat loads of carrots. Oatcakes are good as they are low GI - fruit can be a bit high GI and sugar-rushy which may not help with the weight loss bit. I find one oatcake with some water sort of makes it fill my tummy.

I'm not saying stop with the fruit - just play with your quantities.

Other snacks for me - cherry tomatos, apples, a small hand ful of nuts. Luckily I am not a snacky person
realsLINshady

Postby camper » 18 Nov 2010, 12:14

Weirdly, oatcakes are really expensive here, and seem to be kept in the "foreign foods" section of the supermarket! And I love nuts but not sure about the fat content - to keep within my limits I'd only be able to eat about 6, and the idea of having a mid-morning snack of 6 nuts whilst at work seems a bit prescriptive and depressing. Maybe I'll investigate low-fat yoghurt.
camper

Postby realsLINshady » 18 Nov 2010, 18:23

Yup - it is between 6-10 nuts - I really eke them out!
realsLINshady

Postby shan » 19 Nov 2010, 13:18

Weirdness alert: some people think the diet I am on is odd and some people have told me "it doesn't work," all the while watching me whittle away the pounds. I'm on the Blood Type Diet. Basically, if you're A, don't eat meat, and if you're O, eat meat.

There are a loooot of fine, picky points in the food lists, and it can become a bit religious. I try to stick with what's on my list, and when I do, I lose pounds *and* people tend to say things like, "You look healthy" and "You have a certain glow about you." When I eat what doesn't work for me, my husband kindly points out that I look puffy and tubby. But I do, he's right.

So in terms of the fruit, Camper, it could be that there are some fruits that are on your Highly Beneficial list and some that are on your Avoid list, and if you were to eat the HB ones, you could still lose weight. If you think it's a bunch of hooey, fine, that's ok, it's just a suggestion.

You can find out which foods go with which blood types by checking this database:

http://www.dadamo.com/typebase4/typeindexer.htm

It is sorted by foods, not by blood type.

Saz, thanks for the heads-up re the BF and famine. I believe that to be true; biological imperative to keep the baby fed no matter what the world brings us. And BF is more important than dieting, so I'll see if my plateau keeps plateau-ing until I stop BF ... in a year or so!
Mommy to T, born Feb 2010
shan

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 19 Nov 2010, 20:09

shan wrote:Basically, if you're A, don't eat meat, and if you're O, eat meat.

Well I'm buggered then. I'm O and I am a vegetarian!
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby LittleQueenie » 21 Nov 2010, 21:41

rosie_t_riveter wrote:

Yup! Me too!!!!

I lost 2lbs this week - even though it didn't feel like a good week - lots of nibbles and snacks and cheese and leftovers etc. Anyway - I've bought Edam this week to keep me away from the cheddar (not so tasty, but half the fat!) and some salad stuff as I get board with cooked veg even though it is warming at this time of the year. The one thing I did do right last week was loads of exercise - walking up hills with a baby (well, a 13 month old) on your back certainly leaves me out of breath so it must be good for me. hope the weather stays ok-ish and I can still get out and about next week.

I still don't feel slimmer in myself (despite having lost 9lbs overall). But my clothes look bad on me - so I need new stuff, but don't want to spend on new sizes that might not fit me (will not fit me) if (when) I loose more weight - what do you ladies do about this? My OH has lost loads too and 2 wardrobes are quite pricey...

Anyway - onwards and downwards ladies!!!!
LittleQueenie

Postby DustyMcBrush » 21 Nov 2010, 23:34

bad bad day. bacon on toast for brekkie, carvery dinner, pancakes for dessert, cider at music night and late night snack. Im posting this to make me ashamed into doing better tomorrow! onwards and downwards indeed! i need a massive kick up the proverbial at the mo!
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby PerpetualMadness » 22 Nov 2010, 09:22

LQ - try the charity shops (preferably those in the nice parts of town) for interim clothes. :-)

DMB - gentle kick. We all have rubbish days. Better today! :-)
PerpetualMadness

Postby jvnt » 22 Nov 2010, 10:02

rosie_t_riveter wrote:

I'm AB and I checked the site and I should avoid caffeine and alcohol, gosh darn it!

LittleQueenie wrote:I still don't feel slimmer in myself (despite having lost 9lbs overall). But my clothes look bad on me - so I need new stuff, but don't want to spend on new sizes that might not fit me (will not fit me) if (when) I loose more weight - what do you ladies do about this? My OH has lost loads too and 2 wardrobes are quite pricey...

Anyway - onwards and downwards ladies!!!!

I'm so with you there, and quite apart from the fact that the only shop here that does a good selection of western sizes is M&S and who wants to dress head to toe in M&S at twice the price of UK!? I look awful in my old clothes, but am disinclined to spend a fortune on new stuff when I hope to drop another size in the next few months. I think I'm going to take some of my more alterable pieces to the sewing lady in the interim.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby camper » 22 Nov 2010, 10:09

Terrible day. I've eaten my own bodyweight in cake. Rather a bad reaction to the news from the scales a while ago, like "If didn't lose it whilst being good I'll just be really bad." :oops: :? Need to have a bit of a think and get back on it. Motivation took a bit of a blow back there :(
camper

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 22 Nov 2010, 13:16

LQ - you could try asking on Freegle/Freecycle. I got a bunch of clothes a while back and although not all of it was to my taste, it gave my wardrobe a much needed boost for the cost of some petrol. The stuff that didn't suit me was given to charity.

I put on 2lbs which is surprising since I had a tummy bug on Friday, but I may have over compensated over the weekend. Hey ho, back to it today.
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby PerpetualMadness » 24 Nov 2010, 22:50

Down another 2 lbs. :)
PerpetualMadness

Postby ToothFairy » 24 Nov 2010, 23:12

PumpkinLantern wrote:Down another 2 lbs. :)

Wow, you're doing brilliantly! I won't recognise you next time I see you :wink:
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby PerpetualMadness » 25 Nov 2010, 07:00

toothfairy wrote:
PumpkinLantern wrote:Down another 2 lbs. :)

Wow, you're doing brilliantly! I won't recognise you next time I see you :wink:

Thank you. :) but i do have an awfully long way to go. Trying not to think of that!
PerpetualMadness

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre