Let's do it...... The Weigh In Thread

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Let's do it...... The Weigh In Thread

Postby realsLINshady » 10 Feb 2010, 21:02

Right then, Fellow-Wobblers! Let's get focused on these jelly bits.

Stands up

Hello, my name is Lin and I aim to lose two stone by June. I have already lost 31 pounds since last August - 3 of them at weigh-in last night. I am on Weight watchers. ANd I go to Pilates once a week and try to run three times a week.

Sits down a bit embarrassed

Oh - and today I have been eating for England. I have no idea why I am SO hungry today. I even nicked quite a lot of DH's Stilton. :scream

Waits to be drummed off thread in only one post.
realsLINshady

Re: Let's do it...... The Weigh In Thread

Postby thebean » 10 Feb 2010, 21:14

31 pounds since August is great Lin wel done!

My name is Sarah i also would like to lose 2 stone my the end of June. I'm getting married so i should be really motivated :? I go to body attack once a week, spinning once a week, a swim once a week and the gym twice a week (well on a good week anyway) I know what i should eat and really enjoy helthy food but for some reason carn't resit the bad stuff to!!
Sarah mum to Harry born 26.01.09 and Jack 5.04.2011
thebean

Postby shye » 10 Feb 2010, 22:04

Go lin go!

Ahem. My name is Shirah and I have a jelly belly that is threatening to take over. I don't know how much i weigh (I'll find some scales soon!) but I'd like to fit into my clothes soon (this is a new development). At my height, apparently my ideal weight is 8 st 10, but theres no chance on Mars that's happening... so we'll for I'd like to be a size 12, not a size 14-16. By summer.

I walk a lot. I sometimes run. I sometimes do davina workouts. I like yoga. and i like eating.
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby loubeedee » 10 Feb 2010, 22:17

I have no idea how much 31 pounds is (sorry, was brought up with the metric system and despite living here for 7 years still don't understand pounds and stones... :oops: ) but it sounds like a LOT!! :D

OK. *big breath in* Hello, my name is Lou and I'd like to lose about 10kgs so that I can stop wearing maternity clothes (to date I have refused to buy bigger sized clothing, but I know that if I don't do something about my weight soon, I'm going to have to!)

I eat way too much and my downfall is chocolate. Hmmm, chocolate. In fact, I just ate all of M's chocolate gold coins :oops: . I haven't managed to squeeze ANY exercise into my life as yet and feel very slobby for it *sigh*
DD M born Sep '07
DS L born Mar '09
loubeedee

Postby SnowDrop » 10 Feb 2010, 22:28

Can I join too? I am definitely very wobbly just now!

My name is Joanne and I need to lose 2 stones :( Motivation is failing me just now and I seem to have a magentic attraction to chocolate and crisps :oops:

I want to get exercising again now that my pelvic pain is finally easing. The sofa is just too damn comfy however, but I am fed up not fitting into any of my clothes anymore. Like Loubeedee I still wear maternity clothes sometimes and the jeans I bought before pregnancy when over in the US that were much too big as I got the UK - US sizings wrong are now a bit tight :scream
My precious babies:
DD born 2009
DS born 2012
SnowDrop

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 11 Feb 2010, 01:05

Hi! :D

Alright I probably have 2 stone to use in order to be at a comfortable and attainable weight. I would LOVE to lose 3 stone all up, that would put me at my skinny stage where I always feel fabulous although never seem to be able to stay there for very long.

So we will call it two.

I will need to do 90% of my work through food (unfortunately, I do love my food) and work hard at building up in the exercise dept... although due to an injury its not so much 'building up' as it is sometimes I just cannot do it.

GL everyone! :D :D :D
Three little chicks, all BLWed. Two at school and one preschooler. Not around much any more, but think of you all often.
3KiwiChicks

Postby robyn » 11 Feb 2010, 02:23

I need to loose lots and lots, embaressed to say how much :(
been trying for ages and ages (exactly 2 and a half years since m was born today) and I lost a lot initially but put it back on, I work too much and am always tired and eat rubbishy things to push through it.
if I could get fit I wouldn't feel half a knackered all the time though I'm sure. it's really getting me down and I just feel old and dowdy long before my time.
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby realsLINshady » 11 Feb 2010, 07:56

Right - so we all have roughly the same goal!

So lets get motivated. Small steps to changing habits.......

Today's task - purge the house of crisps and savoury snacks. Post your low-fat alternatives here.

My crack stash is Salt & Vinegar SnackaJacks. I have found them to be a bit of an accquired taste but when DH is tucking into Kettle Chips or the snack urge hits when the girls are eating, this is what I go for. 1.5 points a bag. I also get through a lot of raw carrots - 1kg every few days - sometimes with some reduced fat houmous - or better still, homemade houmous. Low-fat Babybels are only 1 point each, and while they bear no resemblance to real cheese, I can convince myslef that I've had some.

Mmmm......cheese.......stilton........

<slaps self out of cheese reverie>
realsLINshady

Postby mummyknowsbest » 11 Feb 2010, 08:03

Oh Good i need some help with this...

My name is Sarah and i think i'd like to loose 3 stone. I have lost 63lbs so far but now i feel very flabby instead of hard fat IYSWIM. I am good at being virtuous during the day but struggle in the evenings as the Fridge is in our frontroom so you can't escape it!!

I used to do aqua aerobics but haven't been lately so my only exercise is now the Wii. Slightly sad i realise.

My weightloss tips.....hmmmm.....

Sugar free jelly
Cherry tomatoes for the sweet tooth - though not cheap.
Extra light philadelphia with various raw veg
Butternut squash chips - ie roasted BNS. Gorgeous and 0 weight watchers points
Alpen light choc bars - 1 ww point.

Will think of more no doubt :D
LittlePom born on October 14th 2007
BigSis born on June 26th 2004
mummyknowsbest

Postby Fozza » 11 Feb 2010, 09:18

Struggles to stand up
I think 2 stone sounds like a reasonable target. I have 2 weddings this year one in may and one in september a stone for each would be fab. However I am too scared to look at the scales.
I am starting yoga this month ...I will I will I will.
Savoury snacks aren't a problem. Brownies that jump into my mouth are my nemisis but so is chocolate but generally not being active enough is the problem. Oh and my DH who insists on buying me chocolate to make me happy he hasn't worked out that its chocolate OR sex, not both tho.
sits down relieved

Lin wrote:Today's task - purge the house of crisps and savoury snacks. Post your low-fat alternatives here.
Does that mean we have to eat them all???
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby Woodsies » 11 Feb 2010, 09:18

Hello everyone - my name is Emma and I weigh 17 stone and 10lbs. :oops: :oops: :oops: (I am nearly 6ft tall but that's no excuse). When I got married I weighed 12 stone 10lbs and I was a size 14 and felt fantastic. So I have 5 stone to lose. :( I can't believe I have written down what I weigh. Not even my DH knows that.

I started Slimming World 3 weeks ago but didn't go to the meeting last night as I was feeling low yesterday and ate too many ginger nuts.

But now I have written it down I have to do something about it. :)

Are we all going to weigh ourselves on the same day each week and post weight losses in here? I would like that. Might give me some more motivation.
Mummy to Hannah (November 2005) and Tom (October 2008)
Woodsies

Postby realsLINshady » 11 Feb 2010, 10:43

Sarah - 63 lbs. That's awesome, woman. You are an inspiration.

Frowns at M'aer
That's not going to help much is it now? I'll let you open a bag and sniff it as you put it in the bin. :D
I thought we'd tackle sweet things tomorrow, one step at atime and all that, but bung the brownies in today if it suits you! :D :D

Emma - I weigh in on a Tuesday at my local WW meeting - would that fit with you OK? And btw, I was WAAAY heavier than you when I got married.You can do it - slow and steady is the trick.
realsLINshady

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 11 Feb 2010, 10:59

Right, I'm in! I'm getting married on the 26th June :D :D :D :D and I would LOVE to lose 2.5 stone by then. Also, DF and I are planning to start TTC no.2 around the same time, and (I know this will sound daft) I don't want to stil be fat when I fall pregnant.. because then I'll just have twice as much to lose afterwards! I hate being this big, because I'd lost so much weight before I fell pregnant with Dylan. I used to be HUGE but I lost nearly eight stone by doing WeightWatchers, and I got down to quite a good weight. I felt comfortable with myself anyway. But now I'm 2.5 stone overweight again, and I hate it. My vice is sweeeeeets :( I love them far too much. Also, I'm really bad at measuring my own portion sizes. I either give myself too much, but eat it because it's there, or I give myself too little and then end up having seconds, which is just as bad! Also, I tend to end up picking at leftovers when I'm tidying up after dinner. Just call me Miss Piggy :oops: :oops:

I am chucking out the sweets today, and I'm going to try filling my stomach, not my eyes ;)
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby Woodsies » 11 Feb 2010, 11:02

Suits me fine Lin - my SW meeting is on a Weds but weighing on a Tues as well would give me some idea of how I've done before the SW meeting :)

I have just found a pic of me with DH on our honeymoon in Cuba where I look tanned and so slim. I am going to copy it a million times and stick it on the inside of every food cupboard in the house so when I open a cupboard to find food to eat when I'm not really hungry, I will see this pic and it will remind me of how I want to look (and feel) again.

I know I should also chuck out all the chocolate and tins of choccies that we have, but it feels like such a waste. I tell myself I'll keep them and only have 1 or 2 a week, but that's never going to happen while they're all still there, is it? :oops:

What can i do with them rather than chuck them out? My neighbour works at the EPU in the village so maybe I'll take them to her and she can take them so all the old dears can enjoy them, or will that send them all into diabetic comas????? :oops:
Mummy to Hannah (November 2005) and Tom (October 2008)
Woodsies

Postby Poppylicious » 11 Feb 2010, 11:07

Hey there, my name's Emma too! In my first job, I worked in a small office & there was another Emma there too. I got nicknamed Big Em :oops:, so I guess that'll work for here too!!

I now officially weigh more than I did just after Popsicle was born... Its taken me a long time to bring myself to get on those scales, but this week I finally confronted it, so I'm going to be positive and say that's a good first step.

I "only" want to lose just over a stone - DP is best man at a wedding in Italy in September, so that's my goal: 16lbs in 6 months. If only I wasn't addicted to cheese. And crisps. And a lovely glass (or two) of vino every evening :oops: . And (as a recently converted vegetarian of 17 years!!!!!) red meat. And bread. And cheese. And bread. And cheese.

Lots of luck ladies, I'm so glad I found this thread!
Poppylicious

Next

Return to The Activity Centre