Mooncup (as seen on a Veggie Nugget thread near you...)

We're all in this together, remember, so while the world is collapsing around our ears it might be nice to have a place to talk about new-found frugalities and old-fashioned eco-living. And mooncups.

Re: Mooncup (as seen on a Veggie Nugget thread near you...)

Postby sabrina fair » 15 Dec 2015, 19:39

I read that if you can easily reach the top of your vagina (is that bit still the vagina? Shocking that I don't know!) with your finger then it's short, if you're waggling around with no end in sight it's long, and if it's somewhere in the middle it's, well, medium-length! The fact that I can reach very easily gave me the clue that maybe I was struggling because of the length of the mooncup. For the MeLuna, I ordered a shorty (to get the short length), regular firmness (which similar to the MC but a bit softer at the rim), and Large size. The L rim is actually slightly smaller than the MC, so at some point I'm thinking of getting an XL because I do sometimes overflow in the MeLuna and an XL would give a bigger capacity. I had baulked at the idea of putting something labeled XL up my vagina! I don't mind overflowing occasionally because I always have a backup pad and it's miles better than having to shove the thing back up again which's what I was getting with the MC!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Dec 2015, 21:52

Thanks SF,

How does firmness affect things?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 15 Dec 2015, 22:38

Where else on this earth could one have a conversation about waggling one's finger around one's vagina and shoving xl sized things up?

You people make me so happy. Xx

And oddly, since my mc whinge on here I've had no problems.I think I needed to change angle slightly. However, my new and better, plan is simply to invent a female body that doesn't have to bleed every month. Stupid idea if you ask me.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby StJuniper » 16 Dec 2015, 01:07

^sign me up for the prototype. The one thing I enjoy about pregnancy...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby sabrina fair » 17 Dec 2015, 16:50

Kitcameron wrote:Thanks SF,

How does firmness affect things?

From what I can gather, you might need soft if you're particularly sensitive or you find the cup pushes on your bladder. If you're very sporty with V.strong pelvic floor muscles you might need a firm cup because otherwise your muscles make it difficult for it to pop open and maintain its shape. Otherwise you need regular firmness.
sabrina fair

Postby Kitcameron » 17 Dec 2015, 18:08

Ok, well I've ordered my Meluna so hopefully I'll get on better with that than the mooncup. I really want this to work lol.
Kitcameron

Postby sabrina fair » 17 Dec 2015, 22:00

Kitcameron wrote:Ok, well I've ordered my Meluna so hopefully I'll get on better with that than the mooncup. I really want this to work lol.

Hope it works! Definitely persevere with it if possible - I seem to get more knowledgeable about how the cup works in my body every cycle.
sabrina fair

Postby Kitcameron » 02 Feb 2016, 14:55

Wow! This is so much better than the mooncup. So much more comfortable and and only minor leaking today. Fair bit of leaking yesterday but then I realised it wasn't in the right place. I've decided I have a very short vagina, and even slightly paranoid that I might have a prolapse or something down there as its so easy to reach, but it does make getting it in the right place easy now I know what I'm feeling for. Need a smear test anyway so can ask nurse then I suppose.
Kitcameron

Postby sabrina fair » 03 Feb 2016, 17:46

That's good to hear Kc! I'm much happier since getting my MeLuna too. Good idea to ask the nurse.
sabrina fair

Previous

Return to Reduce, Recycle, Re-use