FFP - maternity clothing

We're all in this together, remember, so while the world is collapsing around our ears it might be nice to have a place to talk about new-found frugalities and old-fashioned eco-living. And mooncups.

FFP - maternity clothing

Postby mamapup » 20 Mar 2014, 11:29

I'm starting to clear out my maternity wardrobe. Our deal here is that if we have another child it'll be by mistake and we shall pay for it! So, this is the first batch (still wearing the odd piece, sadly). If anyone would like anything, do let me know.

Actual real maternity stuff:

Mamas and Papas (size 8-10) grey tshirt with purple stripes (that nice soft cotton that could almost be jersey but isn't) - work smart
Red Herring (size 12) black 3/4 sleeved t-shirt - ruched sides and deep v-neck/that funny cross over neck they do on maternity clothes (needs tshirt under it unless you have ma-hoosive boobs)
Red Herring (size 10) black vest top x2
H&M (m) long sleeve plain black tshirt
H&M (m) 3/4 sleeve purple and grey long sleeve tshirt
Next (10) leggings - black, long
Gap (10) always skinny blue jeans with over the bump cover
Top Shop (10) black-ish thin jumper

Also random:

H&M (s) long grey heavy jumper/dress thing (not really dress length but good with leggings) - I wore it in the winter, possibly a bit warm for now onwards
H&M (m) long blue and white tshirt (would be good for a small-ish bump in summer, I reckon)
Random tshirt I was given that says "baby...loading 80%...coming soon". Ok for bed.

Any takers?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: FFP - maternity clothing

Postby EnigmaFish » 20 Mar 2014, 13:57

I'd be interested in taking almost everything you're offering!

mamapup wrote:Mamas and Papas (size 8-10) grey tshirt with purple stripes (that nice soft cotton that could almost be jersey but isn't) - work smart
Red Herring (size 12) black 3/4 sleeved t-shirt - ruched sides and deep v-neck/that funny cross over neck they do on maternity clothes (needs tshirt under it unless you have ma-hoosive boobs)
Red Herring (size 10) black vest top x2
H&M (m) long sleeve plain black tshirt
Next (10) leggings - black, long
Gap (10) always skinny blue jeans with over the bump cover
Top Shop (10) black-ish thin jumper

H&M (m) long blue and white tshirt (would be good for a small-ish bump in summer, I reckon)
Random tshirt I was given that says "baby...loading 80%...coming soon". Ok for bed.

I have two other friends here in Dublin who are also due in July. We are (one each) small, medium and large. I am the medium one, but anything which doesn't fit me will be given to one of the others!

Also, maybe I'm an IT geek, but I saw one of those baby loading shirts a few years back and reallllly wanted it.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby StJuniper » 20 Mar 2014, 15:23

mamapup wrote:I'm starting to clear out my maternity wardrobe. Our deal here is that if we have another child it'll be by mistake and we shall pay for it! So, this is the first batch (still wearing the odd piece, sadly).

Um, your baby is brand-new, that is not sad! R is 14 weeks and I still generally wear maternity jeans (although they do sort of fall off if I try to keep my phone in my pocket...)
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby mamapup » 20 Mar 2014, 16:02

Enigmafish, send me your details.And I'll make.a.nice big parcel for you.

Stj,.I.know,.only messing. Problem is the jeans I'm giving away are for.big.bump so no good now, that leaves me.one pair of.jeans and some linen trousers, which are.cold for this time.of year.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby Kanga » 20 Mar 2014, 17:30

If/when you find any more mp, I'd be interested. This pg is different seasons to the other 2 so not sure what I've got in the loft that's suitable!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby mamapup » 20 Mar 2014, 19:59

Enigma fish, since kanga is also interested, could you decide what you want for you and then give her a chance to take stuff before I give it to total randoms? I'd far prefer to give stuff to people I "know" otherwise I'd be selling on eBay or offering on my local parents' website. I'm sorry if that seems mean but I did mean forumites specifically and wasn't thinking when I replied first time. The baby loading tshirt is totally yours though!

mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 21 Mar 2014, 00:01

I understand, Mamapup. What I meant was that, if any of it won't fit me, it wouldn't go to waste... but I completely understand you want to keep it in the forum family.

I am particularly interested in all the black maternity stuff you have, and the Gap jeans. I've only one pair of (attractive) maternity jeans at the moment!

Kanga, would you have any interest in me sending MP's stuff on to you after I'm done with it? I see you're due several months after me.
EnigmaFish

Postby EnigmaFish » 21 Mar 2014, 00:02

And the baby loading tshirt... of course. :wink:
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 21 Mar 2014, 00:21

That sounds like a good plan. I could send to EF and then she can send on to Kanga. If you guys want to decide between you.and let me know,.that is fine. Kanga, I have a few.bits.that'll be good for cooler weather that I'm still wearing too...

And ef, send me your address and the gap jeans.and black bits are yours,.no matter what. Let me.know on the rest.

mamapup

Postby Kanga » 21 Mar 2014, 10:53

EF that sounds like a plan. We may as well both get some use out of them! And I don't need them yet anyway.

Mp, stuff for cooler weather would be fab when you're done with it, although sept/oct could be warm I suppose!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby mamapup » 21 Mar 2014, 18:43

Ok then ms Fish, send me your address and I will send you a parcel.x

mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 21 Mar 2014, 23:25

MP, I'll PM you now with the address.
Kanga, I really appreciate you letting me have them first. I'll go through my own stuff when I'm done with it and see if I can send some more on to you.
Sorry for the slow reply, ladies, I couldn't get online all day today.
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 22 Mar 2014, 19:12

Ef,.you.haven't pm Ed me.

mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 22 Mar 2014, 23:38

I had! Stupid bloody... Actually, I don't know what to blame.

The original message is no where to blame, so I've just sent you a new one. Thanks for checking up on me.
EnigmaFish

Postby MindyGunton » 22 Aug 2014, 09:46

My sister still loves to wear maternity clothes, one year later. Says they are way comfortable.
Mindy Gunton
MindyGunton

Return to Reduce, Recycle, Re-use