AF and mooncup woes

We're all in this together, remember, so while the world is collapsing around our ears it might be nice to have a place to talk about new-found frugalities and old-fashioned eco-living. And mooncups.

Re: AF and mooncup woes

Postby CherryPop » 10 May 2014, 18:51

Thanks for the sympathies, much needed as I'm feeling very sorry for myself today :(

I usually wash it with soap and then microwave sterilise it. I'll try without the soap and see if it makes a difference. It's also only been happening since I had my new mooncup when I misplaced the old one, so I'll give it a go with the old one too.

I had a bit of cry earlier as I couldn't cope with it any more, and DD is in some kind of major grump/growth spurt and was feeding every half hour since we got up this morning, I was totally touched out and just couldn't bear her gnawing on my boob and stroking my face any more. DH sent me off shopping for a break and some peace and quiet (the irony of doing a food shop on a Saturday afternoon in a massive supermarket as qualifying as quality me-time was not lost on me!) went down to tesco and got myself some canestan combi, probiotics and a nice big bar of chocolate (I know I should cut down on sugar, but I NEEDED it!).

It is feeling a bit better already, so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again. So glad I have somewhere to ask these questions!
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Re: AF and mooncup woes

Postby TravellingMum » 31 Mar 2016, 01:47

So this has been years since I posted... but just wanted to say, that all my thrush issues stopped when I stopped with the mooncup. No idea what the connection was, but I can't be doing with thrush every month!!! Surely that is worse for the environment and me! So back to tampons for me!
Mum to Little Panda and Wee Monkey
TravellingMum

Previous

Return to Reduce, Recycle, Re-use