For sale: One-size Charlie Banana nappies

We're all in this together, remember, so while the world is collapsing around our ears it might be nice to have a place to talk about new-found frugalities and old-fashioned eco-living. And mooncups.

For sale: One-size Charlie Banana nappies

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 20 Jan 2013, 12:21

I have 8 one-size Charlie banana nappies looking for a new home. They're red, all in good working order (I've always used fleece liners in them) with plenty of use left in them, and brilliant nappies imo :wink:. They have elastic adjustment around the legs so can be used from birth.

More info on the babykind website but you can put disposable liners in (I've never done this) so best of both worlds. They're pocket nappies with two inserts and dry very quickly (always overnight for me in the airing cupboard). I got on really well with them.

Charlie Banana Info

I'm looking for £35 inc p&p if anyone's interested....
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Re: For sale: One-size Charlie Banana nappies

Postby sabrina fair » 20 Jan 2013, 13:21

Hello t_s, I might be interested - I'm after something longer than totbots easyfit for nursery because monkeybaby's getting a bit of a builder's bum! Could I ask how many children they've been used for? The other thing is that we really only need 5 - would you be prepared to split or do you really want to sell the lot in one go?

Thanks! x
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 20 Jan 2013, 13:51

I have no idea if they're longer than totsbots... they are longer than real easy nappies but I've never used totsbots so can't comment... I have large size Charlie bananas which I got for arch (before I got the one-sized ones) but I'm not ready to offload them just yet incase William has a major pt trauma!!!

I got the one-sized Charlie banana's after lotty was born (was v impressed with the large ones I got for arch) so she and William have used them but both children used the potty from around 6mths so the nappies actually weren't massively used. Lotty was clean/dry at just over a year, but wouldn't walk until 21mths, so pt at 2. William was v similar and pt at 20mths so although two children using them sounds like a lot they often wore the sane nappy all day and didn't use it. The actual 'use' is probably less than one 'normal' child if used from birth to pt. I didn't use them from birth with either child, they were probably 2/3mths when they went into cloth and funnily enough the potty always followed soon after! The less the nappies were used the less work I had!

I'd rather get rid of them in one go tbh....
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Postby ceem » 20 Jan 2013, 14:44

Hiya, are they the same as in the picture with poppers around the waist or do they have velcro, If theyre velcro i ight be interested in any that sabrinafair doesnt want. x
Hiya! Im a SAHM with DD 2009 , DS1 2012..... 3 little ones both loved and lost peacefully at home and our miracle rainbow DS2 2015.......we practice what comes naturally and we are loving it!
ceem

Postby sabrina fair » 20 Jan 2013, 15:22

Ceem - unless I'm mistaken they're poppers so no help to you!

t_s - Thanks for info - Nappy Lady says they're longer than eastfits so I'm happy to believe that! Oo, I'm tempted...in fact I'm sold! I'll pm you later if that's ok (on way out the door). x
sabrina fair

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 20 Jan 2013, 18:38

sabrina fair wrote:Ceem - unless I'm mistaken they're poppers so no help to you!

t_s - Thanks for info - Nappy Lady says they're longer than eastfits so I'm happy to believe that! Oo, I'm tempted...in fact I'm sold! I'll pm you later if that's ok (on way out the door). x

Yes, all poppers.

Excellent Sabrina Fair.... They're fab nappies :D
Seriously_Nutty

Postby sabrina fair » 10 Mar 2013, 15:35

I've slightly reluctantly decided to re-list these one-size Charlie Banana nappies if anyone's interested - I got them because our Totbots easyfits were giving DS builders bum, and whilst these are longer, I'm worried he'll get the same problem with these on the next growth spurt (he's v.tall like his Dad)! I've decided to get a few more large TB stretchies since nursery don't seem phased by a 2-part nappy and wrap combo.

Happy to sell all 8 for £30 including postage to reflect the fact that they've been through another child (however briefly!).

Let me know if you're interested.
sabrina fair

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Mar 2013, 13:52

Just bumping this in case there's someone who's interested and hasn't seen it.
sabrina fair

Postby Jelly Belly » 12 Mar 2013, 14:13

sabrina fair wrote:Just bumping this in case there's someone who's interested and hasn't seen it.

I hadn't seen it and am interested! Just hung out our freshly washed stash and many of the size 1 nappies are so threadbare I don't think they will cope (in fairness they have serviced four bottoms - two of which were skinny bums who wore them for ages).

This would be just enough to give Mr JB options he can cope with as he isn't keen on the origami involved with the Disana nappies we have as our remaining stash. I'm made of sterner stuff ;-)

PM me your Paypal details and I'll get payment to you.
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Mar 2013, 16:35

Fab! I was feeling a little cheeky for bumping but glad I did it now! :D

Will find out from DH what his paypal details are and PM you (I can't use PP since getting married, changing my name and refusing to send them my marriage certificate - grrrr).
sabrina fair

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 12 Mar 2013, 16:42

Sorry they didn't work out for you s_f, hope they suit you JB.

You probably need something like the large Charlie Banana's I have s-f but I think I might try William in them at night before I offload them...
Seriously_Nutty

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Mar 2013, 17:07

Thanks S_N! To be honest, our nursery's been perfectly happy with the 2-part system we've used in conjunction with the all-in-ones (because we didn't have enough AIOs for 2 days), so I'm just going to get a few more of those since I know they fit him well. It'll cost more, but on the up-side, I can buy a pretty new wrap to go with them! I love real nappies...it's a good job I never got properly into slinging, I'd be penniless!
sabrina fair

Postby Jelly Belly » 12 Mar 2013, 19:03

sabrina fair wrote:(I can't use PP since getting married, changing my name and refusing to send them my marriage certificate - grrrr)

My Paypal is still in my maiden name despite my related cards being in my married name. I wouldn't send them my marriage certificate either but have had no problems continuing to use the account for the last six years!
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Mar 2013, 21:12

Mmm, interesting. It was a long time ago so I may be remembering wrongly, but maybe it was that I tried to change my name on PP to keep everything consistent, and they demanded to see my marriage certificate, which I refused to do (they're not a bank - they should accept that I'd already demonstrated it via my bank accounts!) but by that time it was too late to cancel the name change. I was left in limbo, so stopped using the account.

Anyway, that was rather OT - I've PM'd you re. nappies!
sabrina fair

Return to Reduce, Recycle, Re-use