Meal Planning for Dummies

We're all in this together, remember, so while the world is collapsing around our ears it might be nice to have a place to talk about new-found frugalities and old-fashioned eco-living. And mooncups.

Re: Meal Planning for Dummies

Postby TwinklinGDecorations » 25 Oct 2010, 22:13

I must go to bed as the Pickle has woken 3 times already with a bit of a cough :( so will read all replies tomorrow, I currently do all my meal planning and shopping lists on the back of envelopes, A4 if I'm luckily enough to have one to hand but a C5 will do at a push!!! But what I wanted to ass was that Ocado are looking to introduce a meal planning bit to their service (I know they have an iPhone app so it might be linked) sometime soon I think. I will definitely be using that.

I always start with something like a whole chicken and plan to have roast/boiled chicken one day, chicken pie/lasagne/pasta the next and then lentils (cooked in chicken stock, made while cooking the chicken) on the 3rd or 4th day. Then I fill in at least 1 red meat day and 1 fish meal every week and top up with things like omelette, pizza, sandwiches, salad etc. I hope that makes sense, I'll try and type one up tomorrow.
So somehow it happened, my weaners are at school,
I'm still here though and people I'll try to fool,
with tales of advice giving and of wanting to know
But really here's the only place I ever want to go.
TwinklinGDecorations

Previous

Return to Reduce, Recycle, Re-use