another bedwetter here

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

another bedwetter here

Postby TravellingMum » 31 Mar 2016, 01:45

So it has been an unbelievably long time since I have been on here, and I was hesitant to come as I basically was sure that there wouldn't be anyone I 'know'. But there are still lots of you around! :D

I am at my wits end and really need some help, advice, encouragement... ANYTHING

Little Panda (I had to think hard what I used to call her!) is now 6 years 4 months. She has been night dry for almost 3 years now.
This last month she has started wetting almost every night. There will sometimes be a couple of nights in a row when she is dry and then we get back to 5 nights in a row wet.

I have stopped trying with wee monkey for night time right now, because I can't deal with two wet beds.

She has a slight improvement in that she is only wetting once in a night, but there is no rhyme or reason to the timing

When we first started when she was 3 1/2 I lifted her at 10:30pm and she would pee. But in recent months I didn't do that and she woke herself. Now I am trying to lift her but she often still pees even after that. This morning she woke up and thought she was dry but then realised that she had wet and I had changed her in the night. I thought she was awake then, but obviously not. So maybe her sleep has just become heavier...

In 5 weeks we move for an extended time to DH's home country. So one doctor friend has suggested it is just emotions... but honestly I cannot handle another 5 weeks of this...

A different doctor friend just told me it is definitely NOT emotions as bed wetting is not linked to psychology...

We have tested for UTI and are clear...
I am trying to limit night drinking, but not easy in a dry environment. I am trying to get her to properly empty her pee at bedtime...
so...
HELP??? Give me all your tips.
Mum to Little Panda and Wee Monkey
TravellingMum

Re: another bedwetter here

Postby ches » 31 Mar 2016, 02:44

No idea, but <waves> and yippee for going to your DH's country. I hope you have a great time - I know it'll be winter, but still pretty warm where you are. :)
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby TravellingMum » 31 Mar 2016, 02:57

Yay ches!! A friendly 'face'. :D Oh yes so so excited to be going... and we will be staying there for AGES! (a whole year). So yes 'winter' when we arrive but honestly I can't call it winter when we have just finished with -30oc... +15oc at it's coldest isn't quite winter is it?!

Thanks for the wave! Hope you are well
TravellingMum

Postby junglewonderland » 31 Mar 2016, 04:24

Hi TM! Great to see you round these parts, sorry it's not for a good reason though.

Sorry, no tips except make bed changing and washing as easy as possible. Buy a heap of waterproof bed mats (so easy to take off in the middle of the night), have double layers of sheet and mattress protector so you just remove at night and have a fresh layer underneath.

Koala seems to have stopped bed wetting again for now. I don't know why. It does seem to be linked to his mental state though, or maybe it is tiredness level. When he is bed wetting his behaviour is a lot worse.

Enjoy your time away!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby mamapup » 31 Mar 2016, 05:55

Hiya.

No tips as two wet at night kids here but there was a Women's hour section on late bed wetting recently. They suggested that constipation can lead to bed wetting as there isn't space for the bladder to grow if there's too much fecal matter in the bowel. Any chance a poo would help?

Worth finding the podcast though as it was interesting and helpful. Said lots of kids still wet at six or seven. Although I appreciate that's no good when she was previously dry.

Good luck with beds and move.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby TravellingMum » 01 Apr 2016, 00:37

Thanks everyone!

Last night we had a dry night....which gives me hope again. And she called for me around 4am thank goodness I had it in my brain and asked immediately if she needs the toilet. She said yes, got her to the toilet . Yay!
Relief.

I need to source those night bed pads. We still live in a far off place so not quite so easy.

Thanks everyone, hoping for more dry nights to follow.
TravellingMum

Postby junglewonderland » 01 Apr 2016, 06:02

Good luck TM. Curses, another wet night here. I should have known, as soon as I told the forum he was dry again....
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby ches » 01 Apr 2016, 14:42

Ooh envious of a whole year there. And after such good news re: our delightful president. Let's hope he pays back the money and his party recalls him. :D
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Return to The Bottom Line