Bed wetting

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Re: Bed wetting

Postby junglewonderland » 31 Mar 2016, 04:27

Hi TM! Thanks for bumping this thread, there were a few replies I hadn't seen. Thanks elaruu and Raktajino.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby mamapup » 20 Jun 2016, 09:08

Bumping this thread as the puppy has been dry at night for a good while now but has just had a run of a week of wetting at night. Driving me potty (ah hahahahaha, sigh). He doesn't care at all, which is good but frustrating!

We think it's because he's a really heavy sleeper and it coincides with us making him walk to and from nursery every day, which means he's walking 2 miles a day plus all his running around. I guess this is tiring him out. When I mentioned it to him he blamed me because we let him have a sip of water when he says he's thirsty before bed and he says this is irresponsible of us (why, oh why do I teach him these words?).

So we may have to go back to rewards I guess, unless anyone has any better ideas.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby StJuniper » 20 Jun 2016, 11:37

I used rewards to get P to stop wetting. He couldn't be bothered to wake up, I guess, without the promises of stickers? Once he had a reward he usually managed to wake up before he peed. We also lifted him at 11pm for a while. I didn't want to give him a treat every day, so we did stickers and after a week of dryness he could pick s treat a the grocery store.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Lily » 20 Jun 2016, 12:55

We have given up for the time being. Daily rewards worked to get him dry, but recently he's lapsed again and I was sick of changing sheets every couple of days so I have put him back in pull-ups. He saves his big morning wee for when he gets up, but there is often a little dribble in his sleep; like the puppy, I think it's when he's more tired. I didn't see the benefit of making him wear pants at night when he couldn't control it, so we'll try again in a while.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby mamapup » 20 Jun 2016, 18:10

Glad it's not only here. The puppy doesn't want to go back to pull ups so we've agreed on a reward: seven dry nights and he can choose a crappy magazine. Little croc is on the same deal as she claims she wants to be dry at night (but wants gallons of water more, I suspect).
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Previous

Return to The Bottom Line