Here we go...again!

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Here we go...again!

Postby babydsmummy » 01 Aug 2015, 19:28

Not sure what attempt number this is, but we have about 5 weeks left to make some progress so he can go to school without nappies!

Day 1 - We got back off holiday at lunch time. I mentioned wearing pants tomorrow when changing him and he decided he wanted to wear them now. Not ideal as we were about to go food shopping but I wasn't about to knock the enthusiasm. He stayed dry the whole time we were out (2 hours) then after some extended IPad time on the potty while I unpacked hey presto a big wee in the potty! The first one ever hurray!! He was very proud (though he hadn't noticed doing it!!) and very pleased with the jelly baby which followed. Nothing for the rest of the afternoon - tried a few times. He then had an accident during tea but he noticed immediately which is also progress. Then had a story on the potty after his shower and I think he actually managed to squeeze a wee out - he certainly noticed it this time - an absolute first if he managed to do one deliberately - another jelly baby and happy boy and mummy :)

I know it's very early days, but compared to the previous attempts the signs are so much more positive. I feel he may actually be ready now!

(Just feel I should mention for those who don't know, J has SEN including severe dyspraxia, I'm not just a terrible mum who can't get her child to use the toilet before the age of 4! At least I like to think not :))
Mummy to two amazing boys: D (Oct 08) and J (June 11)
babydsmummy

Re: Here we go...again!

Postby yorkshirepudding » 02 Aug 2015, 00:44

Yay well done J! Fingers crossed for the next 5 weeks!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby ches » 02 Aug 2015, 01:54

You aren't a terrible mum SEN or otherwise. He has two parents and you both need commending for the patience, compassion and love you've shown taking things at his pace. I hope he's ready in time for school.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Lily » 02 Aug 2015, 08:45

Good luck J!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby babydsmummy » 02 Aug 2015, 18:32

Thanks everyone. Caught a few more wees today - but it was more a case of catching them than him doing them deliberately. Also a fair few accidents - he seems to vary massively in how long he goes between wees - sometimes 2 hours and sometimes 10 mins! Makes it hard to know how often to plonk him on the potty. Still, at least we're catching some. No poos at all today - hope he doesn't start withholding again! Realised he had a temperature as I was tucking him into bed though so that won't help!! Poor boy.
babydsmummy

Postby babydsmummy » 21 Aug 2015, 15:08

Oh dear, reading that post back makes me feel foolish - such optimism!! We haven't progressed any further - he might wee on the potty if I can keep him on it long enough, but that's it. He's withholding again too and admits to doing so - 'me no want poo come out'. The incontinence expert was coming to meet us today but got held up and couldn't make it. Feeling a bit fed up about it all - think he'll be going to school in pull ups after all :(
babydsmummy

Return to The Bottom Line