Wet nights when has been dry for ages

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Wet nights when has been dry for ages

Postby ChristmasGift » 24 Jul 2015, 21:25

I'm after a bit of advice. The Babs has been PT for a few months and we largely did it because she had been consistently dry at night for a good few months. We kept her in nappies at night for a few weeks but eventually stopped because she was consistently dry. The last few weeks we've had a few wet nights - 3 so far this week and I don't know what to do. I don't want to confuse her by putting her back in nappies. The clean up and washing is no big deal. She seems oblivious to the fact that she's wet - it's often before I go to bed and we manage to change her clothes and bedding without waking her but really unsure what to do. She also had a daytime accident today - in the car and she had warned me she needed to go but as she'd been ten minutes earlier I thought she'd be able to hold it. Its the first one she's had since we PT. Any pearls of wisdom?!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Re: Wet nights when has been dry for ages

Postby MamaKh » 24 Jul 2015, 22:00

It could be a urinary tract infection, or maybe she is getting a cold? Any other major changes in her life that might cause her to regress a little and need more support to potty before bedtime for a little while? Drinking lots before bedtime during hot days? Just throwing a few random thoughts. Like you say better not confuse w nappies again, washing is easier. Not just a big deal, treat it matter of factly. I think relapses are quite common though we are not through our selves to call our accidents relapses yet.
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Postby ChristmasGift » 25 Jul 2015, 19:15

Thanks MamaKh. I did wonder if it was something like a UTI but she's well in all other respects so wouldn't she show other symptoms. I think I'll just have to wait a little longer and see if I can spot a connection with anything we're doing. It was another wet one last night but luckily I checked her when I went to bed and she was already wet then so didn't spend long in soggy clothes.
ChristmasGift

Postby MamaKh » 25 Jul 2015, 20:24

Hm... yes with an uti she would likely also have daytime accidents as well. Often fever or feeling ill in her age so it's probably not. Hopefully time will tell sooner rather than later?
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Postby busmother » 25 Jul 2015, 20:40

Probably not what you want to hear, but P potty trained at just before 2, and was dry at night for about three months. And then she stopped being, and two years later, is still not. I've no idea what happened. I thought it was maybe starting nursery and being more tired, but we've tried various strategies and nothing really worked so we're just riding it out now. Hope this won't happen to you, but I washed sheets and pyjamas endlessly for about a year, convinced that it was just a blip and she'd go back to being dry before I finally put her back in nappies last summer when we were away a lot and it did make life much easier!
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby ChristmasGift » 26 Jul 2015, 17:10

that's actually reassuring bm. Dry nights were great but if the dry nights were the blip and going back to night time nappies is the answer then I am happy do that. I just didn't want to make more of a problem by confusing her with nappies if that was the wrong thing to do. Having said that she was dry again last night so we'll see.
ChristmasGift

Return to The Bottom Line