Elimination Com, Natural Infant Hygene, birth to 4 mo start

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Re: Elimination Com, Natural Infant Hygene, birth to 4 mo st

Postby mamapup » 22 Oct 2015, 06:23

Absolutely. Although not sure I agree with the timing of eight months for all kids. It took three or four weeks to get the puppy totally day dry at 2 1/2 and little Croc is totally dry at home within four days...nursery not quite but I think that's because adults aren't responding when she tells them she needs a wee.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby MamaKh » 06 Nov 2015, 23:47

6,5 weeks old and we definitely see progress (as expected, babies are amazing!). LO is clearly fussing when needing to eliminate, and if we fail to address and undress him he gets upset and cries. If we are in tune a diaper can stay dry through many pees. His longest dry stretch is 4 hours over night, without peeing in diaper or freely. His poos are more concentrated to the morning hours now. When he needs to poo he first is fully relaxed and "looks into space", concentrating, and then pushing and grunting. If he needs to poo he doesn't pee till he is done with his poo! #2 is actually #1! Todays new thing was that he started to help while being undressed, by pulling his feet out of his pajama!

DH is as excited about it as I am, and is getting to be more tuned in now. He is also really a proud dad and tells everyone about it. I'm more concerned that people will find us (me) mad so I'm more carful with that. My own mother was positive at first but then dropped the comment that I should relax about the whole thing "so the baby would learn to pee in the diaper, what if you are not there". Well she is missing the point fully. I will be there for his first year, he is breast fed! And... now when I know to read his signals and how to make him comfortable, it's very difficult to ignore that. We will see who comes out on top at the end. Just as w BLW...

Of course we can't catch them all, and I am not bothered by that, as suggested here, that is learning and every catch is a bonus. An important lesson learned: when holding over the sink to eliminate, direct baby away from the toothbrush stand...

Now he is a bit heavier, and the most comfortable position for us (though we don't have the space every where) is for me to sit on a stool in front of the toilet and resting his bum on the seat while holding his legs up.

And oh! DS1 did his first poo on the toilet yesterday. Stil holding on to them, nut peeing has been working a lot better last few days.
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 08 Nov 2015, 20:58

Sounds great!

MamaKh wrote:An important lesson learned: when holding over the sink to eliminate, direct baby away from the toothbrush stand...
:D
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Previous

Return to The Bottom Line