Newly trained but not pooing

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Newly trained but not pooing

Postby Kanga » 21 Mar 2015, 20:08

Ds has potty trained this week. He's always been a (at least) once a day kind of a chap but now hasn't pooed since Thursday eve. So not that long yet I know, but when should I be concerned about withholding?

He had a couple of poo accidents but Thursday did one in the potty so I hoped he'd cracked it. I'm sure he's been needing to go but when he sits on the potty he says he doesn't anymore. He's been doing a panicky, panting type noise which seems to be anxiety about pooing. Interestingly this evening dh asked if the noise was part of his game & he said 'no it's for a poo' so he clearly knows what's going on!

He's drinking a reasonable amount & I'll crack out dried apricots/raisins tomorrow & have some lactulose if it really comes to it!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Re: Newly trained but not pooing

Postby mamapup » 21 Mar 2015, 22:56

Sounds like he's figured out how to not go in the nappy but not necessarily how to poo on demand as it were. The puppy did a few days of trying to poo on the loo and failing. He'd really sweetly sit there and push on his chest to help the poo. Now he's fine (except for yesterday when he deliberately pooed his pants today annoying me. And no, I'm not wrong or mean, he did).
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kanga » 23 Mar 2015, 14:44

Well I'm not worried about withholding anymore! He had 2 accidents yesterday & has done 3 (!!) poos today but all in the potty so I can't complain. Even though it feels like all I've done all day is clean up poo from one boy or the other!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby mamapup » 23 Mar 2015, 19:20

Oh the boys that poo. Both my kids can do between one and five poos a day. Some days it feels as if we never leave the bathroom.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kanga » 23 Mar 2015, 19:53

Glad it's not just us mp! My hands are so dry today from getting washed so much. He's still getting panicky when he needs to do a poo but hasn't had accidents so onwards and upwards!

Kanga

Return to The Bottom Line