regression when under the weather?

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

regression when under the weather?

Postby mamapup » 13 Feb 2015, 20:07

Please tell me that's all today was. Both kids woke up late, which with the puppy tends to suggest something isn't right. He was on the edge of breaking down all day and this evening finally did melt in to a tantrum because daddy put his nappy on not mummy. He has a very slight temperature.
He also had two poos in his pants and several wees also in his pants. The poos I can accept as he rarely manages them in the loo but the wees really surprised me as we haven't had accidents for ages.

Is this normal when feeling a bit poorly, or is this normal to have an odd regression?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: regression when under the weather?

Postby issi » 13 Feb 2015, 21:01

Yes, I'm sure that's normal (and DS2 has been similar this week too)
DS born March 2009. DS2 born October 2011.
issi

Postby FestiveTidings » 13 Feb 2015, 22:19

Certainly normal in our house!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby mamapup » 13 Feb 2015, 22:38

Phew. I was a bit worried that it was all due to my telling him there were no more chocolate raisins for wees on the loo after Sunday!

Fingers crossed for a.return of bladder control tomorrow.
Other thing id wondered about, actually,was that today was the first day he's ever woken up dry in the morning. Felt as.If he'd held it all in over night so just had more wee in him in the day.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby DandelionFrosting » 13 Feb 2015, 23:08

Definitely. Accidents are one of the first signs of oncoming illness here too. Oh, and you might be right about that! Both of mine divide their morning pee into several parts. Saurus has gotten a lot better at letting it all out at once. Zilla goes every 15 minutes in the morning!
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Return to The Bottom Line