Nearly 4 and still pooing in a nappy?

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Nearly 4 and still pooing in a nappy?

Postby FestiveTidings » 04 Feb 2015, 13:11

I've posted about this before but I still don't know how best to handle it. Roo will be 4 on Friday and he's still using a nappy for poos. He flat out refuses to go to the toilet. He said he's not ready, he doesn't want to and it's uncomfortable. He refuses to poo in the potty too.

I've tried telling him that there are no more nappies but he just goes and gets one of his brothers and puts it on. He is also still wearing dry nights at night and if we don't let him have a nappy then he just holds it in until he's wearing his night time pants.

I don't know what to do. He's in pants and has been for a while and his pees are prefect. It's just poos. How can I get him on the toilet? Bribery doesn't seem to work :(
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Re: Nearly 4 and still pooing in a nappy?

Postby issi » 04 Feb 2015, 14:53

How does he feel about sitting on the potty while wearing the nappy to poo? As a first step...
DS born March 2009. DS2 born October 2011.
issi

Postby FestiveTidings » 04 Feb 2015, 15:45

Issi that was one of the first things I aiggested but he invited that he must stand to poo. It's been a while though so I might suggest it again. The thing is, he had pooed on the toilet before. Just once when he was in the bath he told me he needed to poo and I quickly popped him out the bath and onto the toilet. There's never been a repeat performance though and every suggestion is met with resistence and he's even withheld for 3 days. It's because of that I don't want to make a big thing of it. I was happy for him to do it in his own time but now I wonder if I've taken the wrong route.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Gizmo » 04 Feb 2015, 16:05

I have the opposite with DS. He will poo on the toilet but gets distracted and wee's on the floor. Right now I'm in toilet training hell with them both home for this week and next while I get this toilet training sorted before they start a new school.

Have you tried bribes?
Gizmo

Postby Gizmo » 04 Feb 2015, 16:06

Sorry just seen your last sentence.
Gizmo

Postby mamapup » 04 Feb 2015, 17:57

No advice but a hug. I know it doesn't help but he will get it. No 12 year old is wearing a nappy.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby sabrina fair » 04 Feb 2015, 21:07

mamapup wrote:No advice but a hug. I know it doesn't help but he will get it. No 12 year old is wearing a nappy.

This! I don't have any specific advice either but I think you've done the right thing by letting him go at his own pace.
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Return to The Bottom Line