Re: 3 weeks in. Poo - zero success. 5 weeks in - 1 success

Cloth nappies, disposies, potty training... the inevitable result of BLW. What goes in, must come out.

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 19 Jan 2015, 12:29

Soooo after a tricky start, Pickle seems to be wee wee dry (at home) and we are trying to take the lead more and more from her, rather than putting her on the potty and catching them.

BUT - no poo success. She has either done it in her knickers or nappy during sleep time. Any tips on encouraging potty poos??

We're doing stickers for wees which she is excited about and I've said she can have 2 stickers for a poo. But nothing. I also haven't spotted any "I'm going to poo" signs, only "I'm doing a poo" squat - so it's too late.

TIA!
Last edited by UnhappyRightFoot on 02 Feb 2015, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Re: 3 weeks in. Wee dry. Poo - zero success.

Postby FestiveTidings » 20 Jan 2015, 09:03

I've no advice, but I'm following avidly. Roo (at almost 4), will only poo in a nappy. If I ask him to use the toilet or potty then he says I'm not ready and just holds it in. For days. :(
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 02 Feb 2015, 13:38

Oh no FT!!!!!

Pickle doesn't seem in any way bothered about it. She doesn't say she needs to do it in a nappy and isn't upset by it. She talks the talk (I need to do my poo poos in the potty or the toilet. Not on the floor, not in my knickers - then I can have a chocolate) but then promptly craps in her knickers!!!! We've had 1 poo success which was a week ago. Now we're back to pooing in knickers. She's had 1 wee accident in 3 weeks and is dry during naps and even dry on a couple of nights - asking us to get her up as she needs a wee as soon as she wakes in the morning.

But still stuck with the poo. Anyone else?? Do we keep saying she needs to try to poo on the toilet or let her get on with it and not mention it??
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Re: Re: 3 weeks in. Poo - zero success. 5 weeks in - 1 succe

Postby mamapup » 02 Feb 2015, 23:08

Only one week in here and most poos are pant based. Pretty sure the accidental ones were on the loo.

I'm chucking pants away. Can't face cleaning them. You?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 03 Feb 2015, 00:35

Depends on the poo! If it's plopable into the loo then fine. But she's having a bit of a stodgy messy poo phase - which isn't helping! If it's everywhere, they go in the bin. Life is too short!!

She did it again this evening. I'd been talking to her since she got up from her nap - about trying to get the poo in the potty etc. I even asked her to sit on the potty a few times so we could catch it. She then disappeared to get a book and, as I was prepping dinner, I lost track of her! Wandered into Munchies bedroom expecting it! And there it was! Another trip to the bath, another pair of knickers in the bin, more poking bits down the plug hole, squishing it between her toes!!!! Oh the joys! I have to say, my "never mind. Try again another day" very thinly disguised how peed off I was. She won't be going to get a book tomorrow evening!!!!!!

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 03 Feb 2015, 07:29

I do feel your pain, albeit from a one week point of view.
I envy my friend who's son only poos twice a week.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 03 Feb 2015, 14:28

Dry day at nursery!!! Dry day at nursery!!! Dry day at nursery!!! Dry day at nursery!!! Dry day at nursery!!! Dry day at nursery!!! Dry day at nursery!!!

We shall lie in wait for the poo later on!!! So pleased she's been dry this morning - that is such a big milestone. She may just start at the new nursery in 3 weeks after all!!!!!

Poo twice a week - BLISS!!!!!

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 03 Feb 2015, 19:07

Yay. Well done. I can't wait to be able to say that.

mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 05 Feb 2015, 00:52

She pood on the potty this evening! !!!!!!!! Any chance of a repeat performance tomorrow? (She did also poo in her knickers at nursery but I'll let that slide!!!!!)

hopefully you will soon mp! Considering how useless pickle was for the first 10 or so days, the turnaround was pretty fast!

UnhappyRightFoot

Return to The Bottom Line