spinach and cheese muffins

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

spinach and cheese muffins

Postby bean77 » 14 Sep 2009, 11:48

Ive stole this from a recpie book of my mil but they are yum yum and even got a suck from pup!!!

30g butter ( i use unsalted butter)
1/2 small red onion finely chopped
360g plain flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cayeene pepper
250g cheeder cheese grated
220ml whole milk
1 egg
130g baby spinach leaves

preheat oven to 170 (gas mark 3)

MELT BUTTER IN SAUCEPAN THEN FRY ONION IN BUTTER UNTILL COOKED SET ASIDE.

put the flour baking powder cayenne and cheese in a large bowl, mix the milk and egg together, then slowly pour into the flour mixture and beat with a handheld electric whisk untill all the ingredients are well mixed. ( I put it in a blender for 15 seconds as didnt have a handheld whisk! mixture goes quite thick)

stir in the onion and spinach (i ripped spinach up) untill evenly dispersed.

spoon the mixture into paper muffin cases untill two thrids full and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or untill deep golden and the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer (foek in my case) inserted in the centre should come out clean.
leave the muffins to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire cooling rack...
mummy to an amazing son d born 28-11-2008
And a adorable daughter A born 28-11-2010 November is going to be a busy month!
bean77

Re: spinach and cheese muffins

Postby lastbutone » 27 Oct 2009, 22:49

Just made these. They are yummy, but probably would have been better if I'd remembered to put in the baking powder :oops: .

They seem pretty spicy though - great for us, but I'm not sure how LO will react. I'll probably put about 1/2 the amount of cayenne pepper in next time. Not sure LO will get a taste of these though - DH is addicted already!

Thanks for posting the recipe.
lastbutone

Postby lastbutone » 28 Oct 2009, 16:46

Just gave Hannah one of these with some trepidation - was expecting tears or at least disgust due to the spicyness - she wolfed half a muffin down! They are constantly surprising - at least I know not to worry about giving her spicy stuff in the future.
lastbutone

Postby bean77 » 29 Oct 2009, 12:58

im glad your little ones like them..pup loves spicy foods...i should have mentioned to half the c pepper lol :D
mummy to an amazing son d born 28-11-2008
And a adorable daughter A born 28-11-2010 November is going to be a busy month!
bean77

Return to Recipes