Lunchbox food

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Re: Lunchbox food

Postby LucyLastic » 20 Feb 2016, 13:23

My gast is flabbered.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby EnigmaFish » 20 Feb 2016, 23:12

I'm not cool enough to follow food blogs. My kids might have to just suffer through without having colourful food for their lunches.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby SusanMcGee » 26 Jul 2016, 08:33

My mother used to make kimbap for my sisters and father when we were young and used to go fishing. Now we just buy our kimbap from the store, but I remember how to make it. Just buy some sushi rice, raw nori (kim in Korean), fishcake (can be purchased at Korean or Japanese stores), dackguang (I don't know the name in English, but it's a long, pickled radish usually white or yellow in color, and can also be purchased at East Asian food stores), spinach, carrots, eggs, and rice wine vinegar. Cook the rice, then add some rice vinegar to it to give it a nice kimbap taste. Then peel and slice your carrots and cook in vinegar with water until slightly tender, but still hard. Cut up your fishcake and dackguang into long slices. Make an egg omelet and slice up the egg omelet into long, thin slices, then cook/seam the spinach.

Lay out the nori laver onto a sushi roller and add a thin layer of rice over it. Add the ingredients together over the rice and roll together. Slice up the roll into bite size round pieces and you have your homemade kimbap. Enjoy!
SusanMcGee

Postby emzit » 26 Jul 2016, 08:41

You are aware this is a site for baby led weaning? Which means we are feeding small children who are generally fussy. My boy, who this thread is for, eats precisely one of those ingredients.

Perhaps yu need to spam on a grown up page.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Previous

Return to Recipes