Beans & Meat Ideas Needed

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Beans & Meat Ideas Needed

Postby mandy920 » 11 Jul 2015, 00:16

I would like to incorporate more beans into my baby's meals. Any recipe ideas that include beans that you could share? I'd really appreciate it! I posted this also in "NEW to BLW", because I was not sure where to put this. Sorry for the double post!
mandy920

Re: Beans & Meat Ideas Needed

Postby mamapup » 11 Jul 2015, 07:14

Chilli. Enchiladas. Beans on toast. Anything in a slow w cooker.
Any meat you like.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Cofa's Tree » 11 Jul 2015, 11:07

How about refried beans? There are loads of recipes for this but I usually use - soften a small onion, add some chopped garlic and chilli flakes (or leave these out if you prefer). Add a tin of drained kidney beans, warm through, mash it all up and leave to thicken for a while. You can use this as a topping on toast/rice cakes or an accompaniment to some cooked chicken/other meats, etc. Mmmm, I'm fancying it myself now!
Cofa's Tree

Postby StJuniper » 11 Jul 2015, 11:41

Bean salad (green beans, kidney beans, chick peas, etc tossed with chopped bell pepper, bacon, and vinaigrette). Dhal or Koshary (not really beans, lentils but they're all one big happy legume family, right?). Hummus.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby EnigmaFish » 16 Jul 2015, 22:35

Red beans and rice.
Boston baked beans.
Apologies, I don't have my recipe files on hand at the moment. I have another one for meatballs and beans, too. Let me know if any of those sound nice and I'll dig out the recipes for you.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby haniyah » 16 Nov 2015, 10:31

Some recipes for you, not much there yet, but the list will be growing :)

Beans
http://www.nofussyeaters.com/blog/?tag=beans

Meat
http://www.nofussyeaters.com/blog/?category=meat
Mum, organic food lover and blogger. Teaching my baby to eat proper healthy food. Check out my blog! nofussyeaters.com/blog
haniyah

Return to Recipes