Interesting ice cream flavours

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Interesting ice cream flavours

Postby Lily » 04 Jun 2015, 14:43

A thread in honour of the warm weather (about time too).

I've just made a yummy carrot ice cream as the veg box seems to have carrots every week at the moment and we can't eat them fast enough.

Peel about 10 medium sized carrots and put them in a wide pan with a spoonful of coconut oil, a couple of spoonfuls of soft brown sugar, a few cardamom pods and the zest of an orange. Add enough water to just cover the carrots and cook slowly till it has all evaporated. Purée the carrots and add a little cream and the juice of the orange. Put it in your ice cream machine or freezer. Really surprisingly good - think burfi crossed with carrot cake.

What do you and your littlies like?
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Re: Interesting ice cream flavours

Postby Kanga » 04 Jun 2015, 17:47

My mum made chocolate & beetroot and pea & mint. That one was a bit weird though as it was garden mint & tasted like it needed a lamb chop not a cornet!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby mamapup » 04 Jun 2015, 17:54

Wow. Yum.

My favourite was avocado in Japan. Also had potato and garlic there. Not so good.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 04 Jun 2015, 19:06

Next week we are going to Italy, where I have a Daily Ice Cream tradition. I've no idea how I'm going to keep that up without Kleintje noticing.
Probably the nicest weird flavour I ever had was percarino and pear.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby SusanMcGee » 13 Jul 2016, 07:52

When i was a kid my Grandma used to make something she called sweet potato puff. It was sweet potatoes, marshmallows, and walnuts. She added things like brown sugar and cinnamon. I think it would make a good ice cream flavor. Sweet potato flavored ice cream with marshmallow swirls and walnuts.
SusanMcGee

Return to Recipes