meal planning sharing

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Re: meal planning sharing

Postby Kitcameron » 23 Mar 2016, 13:30

Not to East Sussex I'm afraid. Sorry.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Treeb » 23 Mar 2016, 13:35

Good luck with the move LL! The weeks before/after our move I think we had... Frozen pizza, frozen lasagna, take-out Chinese, take-out pizza, pasta, turkey sandwiches.... Basically whatever easy things we could think of!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby LucyLastic » 23 Mar 2016, 13:43

Thanks, Treeb. We've been eating from the freezer for a few days but it's getting to the stage where we're left with frozen veg, apple sauce and unlabelled random leftovers :-)
What's that you say? Ready meals from Waitrose? Don't mind if I do...
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Marrow » 26 Mar 2016, 19:41

Did gnocchi from Kanga's link this evening. Was fun to make and tasted good! Thanks.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby EnigmaFish » 27 Apr 2016, 08:25

mamapup wrote:Ingredients for the slow cooked pork I made. Actually used loin cut in half not tenderloin.
Chicken Broth - 1 Cup
Soy Sauce - 1/4 Cup
Balsamic Vinegar - 1/4 Cup
Honey - 3 Tablespoon
Dijon Mustard - 1 Tablespoon
Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoon
Onion, Minced - 1 Cup
Garlic Cloves, Minced - 3
Dried Rosemary - 2 Teaspoons
Dried Oregano - 1 Teaspoons
Dried Thyme Leaves - 1 Teaspoons
Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoons
Pork Tenderloins - 2

Instructions

1. In a large Crock Pot add all the ingredients except the pork, cornstarch and water then mix until evenly combined. Add the pork and turn over to coat on all sides.

2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.

3. Remove pork from Crock Pot.

Amazing

This is in the slow cooker for tonight.

Has anyone got a good beef stroganoff recipe? I'm fairly sure that DH only tolerates the one I usually use. Something better would be nice.

Eta: actually, I've changed my mind. Has anyone got a good mushroom stroganoff recipe, which I will serve with an optional side of beef?
I just remembered I've got a vege to feed this weekend.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 27 Apr 2016, 18:52

I remember that being ace. Mmmm

I made Jamie Oliver's fish and kiwi salsa tacos tonight. Really good. Kids thought the salsa was pesto so piled it on their plates before I could tell them what it was. They didn't like it but at least they tried it! Absolutely delicious and v v easy.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby qbm » 27 Apr 2016, 19:31

Can't help you with that particular recipe LL but I am having a thus far really successful veggie week so I am going to share what we have had...

Refried beans, shredded salad and lime, tomato salsa and sour cream on toasted tortillas.
Ethiopian sweet potato, cabbage and peanut butter stew topped with carrot, beetroot and banana in lime juice. (E practically licked the pattern off the plate)!
Pizza with rocket, caramelised onions and goat's cheese (ok, ok so that one came from the amazing new Italian in town).

Still to have - ricotta and lemon dumplings in a tomato sauce with pasta.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby LucyLastic » 27 Apr 2016, 23:11

That all sounds great, qbm. Especially the ricotta and lemon dumplings. Fish and kiwi salsa, though, Rp! Unusual, I think is the word I'm looking for. Was it nice?

I am back on it next week. Have had 7 weeks of pizza. I kid you not. I've had something other than pizza about ten times max during those 7 weeks. Otherwise, I've been so flipping knackered post-flu and pre/during/post housemove, that it takes all the energy I can muster to shove a pizza in the oven, after I've made C proper dinner and put her to bed. Miraculously, I appear to have only gained 2.5kg during this time. Anyway. I think that fatigue breeds fatigue, and if fatigue doesn't, then pizza certainly does. so as of this weekend, I am back on the meal planning train. See you Sunday evening :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby qbm » 30 Apr 2016, 19:23

I never got round to making the ricotta dumplings as I had made enough food for the week and then I went and used the ricotta for salmon spread. That recipe will have to wait until next week!

This week...

BBQ! Prawn, mushroom and pepper skewers, pork and chilli sausages, haloumi, shredded salad, potatoes.
Cauliflower, fennel and pea tagine.
Squash, sweet potato, carrot and Chinese leaf coconut curry
Swedish salmon Caesar salad
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby SusanMcGee » 13 Jul 2016, 07:44

creating a healthy diet meal plan shall not only help you lose weight but it can also contribute to your overall well-being... making your own diet plan based on your nutritional needs is much easier to adhere to compared to other famous diets endorsed by celebrities and fitness gurus alike... the proper diet for weight loss is one that is easy to follow and does not impose restriction... when talking about weight loss, people usually jump to a conclusion that they have to give up eating on what they are used to eating... since giving up your favorite foodstuff is hard to cope with, most people fail to stick to their healthy diet plans for a long time...

it is the body's natural reaction to crave more of the foods it is not allowed to have... that is why your diet meal plan should be flexible and with realistic objectives... a diet meal plan becomes easier to follow if you take it one week at a time... planning diet menus for a whole week shall establish a regular eating time and help you prepare the right kinds of food for specific days... a diet meal plan is necessary in creating a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle... it ensures that your every meal is made up of nutritious food choices and that you eat them regularly...

losing weight fast means you have to stick to a meal plan that includes all food groups with the right proportion... along with exercise, a diet meal plan helps you achieve your weight loss goals fast and experience a long-term success... before you follow a plan, you should consult your doctor first to make sure that your meal plan meets your nutritional needs...

in your diet food plan, avoid or lessen sugar, dairy products, and extra carbohydrate intake... although, you can have hamburger once in a while or a dark chocolate for a sweet treat... make your meal plan simple so you can prepare each meal easily, without having to take up much of your time... to make it a family affair, ask each family member for a suggestion so they, too, shall be encouraged to follow it...

planning your meal 1 week earlier shall surely help you in creating an easy-to-prepare meal as well as save so much of your precious time... in addition, planning your menu shall lessen the time you spend when you do some grocery shopping 'cause you already know beforehand everything that you are going to purchase and store, if needed... eating in a healthy manner is very crucial; therefore, you have to stick to your meal plan for that efficient weight loss and healthy lifestyle...
SusanMcGee

Postby Kitcameron » 13 Jul 2016, 12:34

Woah guys, DIET meal plan. I'm sorry, no one mentioned diets. I'm out, sorry guys. ;)
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Treeb » 13 Jul 2016, 14:16

I just love that her next post after this was to post a recipe for sweet potato pie full of sugar, butter, etc.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby StJuniper » 14 Jul 2016, 02:36

I'm disappointed all her posts weren't sweet potato related. That would be a refreshingly unique spam topic.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby EnigmaFish » 20 Jul 2016, 21:59

StJuniper wrote:I'm disappointed all her posts weren't sweet potato related. That would be a refreshingly unique spam topic.

Perhaps she should try this Glazed Spam and Sweet Potatoes recipe?
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Previous

Return to Recipes