Posh new food processor - recipes please!

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Posh new food processor - recipes please!

Postby camper » 12 Aug 2014, 10:16

I've not been around for a long time, but I recently got a posh new food processor and I know this is the best place to come for recipes so....
What would you recommend? I've recently had complaints lodged regarding packed lunches for school (boring apparently and cheese goes sweaty!) so anything you can think of to liven those up would be especially welcome.
Thank you! :D
camper

Re: Posh new food processor - recipes please!

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 12 Aug 2014, 18:31

Coleslaw, using your food processor to shred the veg? Scones? I don't have any recipes though because I don't use mine much as requires moving stuff in a cupboard to get it out!
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby Biddy » 12 Aug 2014, 18:43

Hummus!

I use my old rubbish food processor for lots of stuff. Good for cake mix, pastry, icing. You could make pesto and other dip-type things. Making breadcrumbs. Chopping nuts.
Banana 'ice cream' :)

I also use mine to mince up onion, garlic and root ginger base for making curries.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby camper » 14 Aug 2014, 04:47

Hmmm pastry.... My mum always taught me that life is too short for something that fiddly and if god had intended us to make it he wouldn't have made the packet stuff so much better! But, DH is gluten-free - if I could find a good gf pastry recipe maybe I would go against her wisdom.
So far though, I've made some Vegemite and cheese scrolls, and carrot cake bars for MJ's lunchbox, and tried a few curry pastes. Homemade green Thai curry tonight!
camper

Return to Recipes