Broken oven...

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Broken oven...

Postby Kanga » 11 Apr 2014, 18:57

And wondering if this would be ok in a pan or the slow cooker? Obviously it wouldn't be quite the same as roasted but I'm assuming it would still taste ok?
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Re: Broken oven...

Postby FestiveTidings » 11 Apr 2014, 19:14

I would probably do in a pan rather than the slow cooker because you want the tomatoes and balsamic to break down and reduce a little bit to get nice and sticky. I think everything would just steam in a slow cooker.

You could always fry the sausages separately to get the crispy "roasted" effect and then add them to the other ingredients that have been simmering in another pan? Or add the ingredients to the sausage pan after draining off some of the fat.

And boo to broken ovens. Mil pulled off a miracle doing a roast turkey dinner for 6 with only the grill oven after her fan assisted oven died on Xmas morning!!!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Kanga » 11 Apr 2014, 19:22

That is mostly what I was thinking, definitely crisp up the sausages separately. I think even if I fried them then put them in slow cooker they wouldn't stay crispy. I was going to bake some crusty bread too but will have to buy some!

Dd is away for the weekend and oven shopping is what we had planned for tomorrow but hey ho!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby FestiveTidings » 11 Apr 2014, 19:25

If the weather is good you could always BBQ! ;)
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Return to Recipes