Dam Buster spread

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Postby little miss mac » 16 May 2008, 13:42

Minimac had some of this for lunch. Initial results delivered within one hour of eating. Thanks for the recipe!
Saving stuff for later
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3152/256 ... f3.jpg?v=0
Mess courtesy of minimac, born 13th Sept 07
little miss mac

Postby Pics » 16 May 2008, 20:29

I made up a new batch of it today - as i froze cubes of it last time and had run out!
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Re: Dam Buster spread

Postby Foxy » 21 Jun 2010, 21:31

How much of each ingredient did you use? I did a cup of lentils, 2 prunes, and a potato, and he had a bunch yesterday and then some today and still nothing! We're approaching day five...

Eeks!
Foxy

Postby Whippet » 15 Jul 2010, 15:51

I just noticed this thread was started in 2007! Wow.

Well, I made this yesterday to try to unblock Mr T. I made it with a sweet potato, a cup of lentils and 3/4 prunes. Little man loved it and I was worried he'd eat too much! No reaction until this afternoon though so maybe he could have had more!

I tried it myself and it was pretty good. Thanks!
Mum to 'Mr T' born 16.01.2010
Whippet

Postby Riotproof » 17 Oct 2015, 07:52

Has anyone had this not work?

We're on at least day 4 or 5. I cannot remember when the last one was exactly. Maybe I didn't use enough lentils? I only put in a handful and they were red ones, plus I really hate prunes, so I never have any. I used dried apricots.
Maybe I should just followed the recipe! But I thought they were fibrous.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby Treeb » 17 Oct 2015, 12:58

Haven't tried this recipe, but dried apricots are supposed to be just as helpful as prunes i think. Are you giving plenty of fluids and avoiding binding things like rice, cheese, bananas, etc.?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby ches » 18 Oct 2015, 13:19

TBH, I think the very quick "successes" of this are more coincidence than attributable. We used baby laxatives on occasion. T's dairy intolerance meant he had some really bad episodes of constipation at this age (or a little older) before we cut cow's milk out. (I stopped pumping at 10mo and let him have 2 cow's milk bottles a day and it was pretty quick before he was badly bunged up and we switched to Almond milk, which he still has for drinking.) A little bunged up happens when they first start really digesting food, but hopefully it'll pass soon and painlessly!
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Riotproof » 18 Oct 2015, 21:42

Treeb wrote:Haven't tried this recipe, but dried apricots are supposed to be just as helpful as prunes i think. Are you giving plenty of fluids and avoiding binding things like rice, cheese, bananas, etc.?

She's probably had a little rice, but nothing significant.
ches wrote:TBH, I think the very quick "successes" of this are more coincidence than attributable. We used baby laxatives on occasion. T's dairy intolerance meant he had some really bad episodes of constipation at this age (or a little older) before we cut cow's milk out. (I stopped pumping at 10mo and let him have 2 cow's milk bottles a day and it was pretty quick before he was badly bunged up and we switched to Almond milk, which he still has for drinking.) A little bunged up happens when they first start really digesting food, but hopefully it'll pass soon and painlessly!

Yes, I'm starting to think that too, ches. She is enjoying it. So we'll finish it off.

I've found that she's moved on to formed poos much faster than DS did, possibly because she doesn't have allergies? And while she's not very impressed during the process, they are not hard or dry. She's really stepped up her eating lately, and her hand skills are improving rapidly. She can pick up a blueberry but in a clenched fist. She's also demanding water regularly.

What I need to do is go somewhere where it's very inconvenient to change her, that would likely get it going. Heh.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Previous

Return to Recipes