Three more savoury muffin recipes

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

Three more savoury muffin recipes

Postby gali » 05 Jun 2010, 09:30

Courgette and pine nut
Red onion, cheddar and bacon
Carrot, spinach and cumin

courtesy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall in today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ttingstall
Mum to two boys, born June 2009 ... and another, born January 2013
gali

Re: Three more savoury muffin recipes

Postby Mummyto1 » 08 Jun 2010, 10:03

I saw these too over the weekend! Will definitely be trying these out soon...
Now proud Mummyto3 little crazies!
Mummyto1

Postby salma's-mum » 08 Jun 2010, 18:15

I love Hugh and his recipes.I think i fancy hm a bit for his enthusiasm and gung ho ness. :wink:
I was going to make these but had a scout around my freezer, fridge and cupboard and it then inspired me to make something I think I saw Hugh make, a savoury bread pudding.
We get loads of lovely bread when we get kebabs from our lovely kebab shop( not a greasy job a proper turkish charcoal grill) I have been shoving leftover bread in the freezer as its too nice to waste.
so i used that chopped up, feta, red onion pepper and thyme a bit of spicy saussage and black olives and poured the "custard", eggs mixed with natural yoghurt over.
a bit of smoked paprika on top and it is in the oven,,,, we'll see what it is like . I will do the muffns when i get round to buying flour :D
Dear daughter Salma born 2.4.2008
salma's-mum

Postby Mummyto1 » 15 Jun 2010, 12:27

We made the red onion cheddar and bacon version (except we used spring onion) over the weekend. Went down a treat with me, DH and L and we scoffed them up! I loved the fact that they were wholemeal yet still lovely and light.
Mummyto1

Postby Moommy » 28 Jun 2010, 19:00

I made the spinach carrot and cumin ones and they went down a treat with lo , dh and grandparents. Nice to have a muffin without cheese as I love cheese so much there is never any left when I come to make muffins :wink:
Moommy

Postby jvnt » 22 Jul 2010, 13:18

I just made the cheese and red onion ones, they're lovely even if I do say so myself - I'll be trying the others soon!
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby Heidi » 03 Aug 2010, 10:34

What did I do wrong??? The cheese and red onion ones are really tasty, but have stuck horrendously to the paper cases - should I buy silicon reusable ones? And the red onion has gone green, so now they all look slightly mouldy?!
Thom May 07 and Kiera Sept 09 - I don't really have an excuse to be here still!!

Would you like to start your own business, earn some extra money or enjoy a new challenge? If so please contact me,

http://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/heidiwadsworth
Heidi

Postby Mummyto1 » 05 Aug 2010, 07:20

I've had the paper case issue with all types of muffins, so now I always brush the insides of the cases with oil - works a treat, but only use a little or the outsides get a bit crispy.

Not sure about the red onion problem though, we used spring onions as we had those in the cupboard. You could try that next time?
Mummyto1

Postby AngelDog » 12 Aug 2010, 18:56

I made the spinach, carrot & cumin ones. DS (7 m.o.) turned his nose up at them yesterday, but enjoyed them today smeared with some Greek yoghurt.

DH and I thought they were good!

I used some mini-muffin trays I have, which give baby fist-sized muffins.
AngelPup born January 2010
AngelDog

Postby jvnt » 12 Aug 2010, 22:58

I had the paper case issue too, I just thought I had the wrong cases. Do they actually need cases?

AD I'm thinking of small ones next time - how long did you cook 'em for?
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby AB&M » 13 Aug 2010, 08:08

I use my silicone large muffin tray for these instead & they turned out great (have done the bacon ones). Was going to do carrot & spinach but have just found some pizza dough in the fridge from the weekend so best use that really.
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Return to Recipes