GBSB is back

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

GBSB is back

Postby LucyLastic » 16 May 2016, 22:30

Great British Sewing Bee is back. Yay. That is all.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: GBSB is back

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 17 May 2016, 20:19

Yay indeed!!! Oh, the haberdashery!!!! Made me very envious! I applied this year but withdrew due to illness! Hopefully there will be another one.

So sad to read about one of last years sewers passing.She was a fabulous seamstress. I thought they dealt with it beautifully at the end.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby LucyLastic » 17 May 2016, 22:19

There had definitely better be another one then! Claudia needs something to do outside of Strictly season.
I also thought that their tribute to Lorna was tastefully done.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 18 May 2016, 20:50

Yay! Not been on here much recently but have come on to see if there's anyone we "know" on there - yes, looking at you HF! I assumed not having watched the first episode but thought I'd check!

What did you think of the new judge? She seems to be the new "bad cop" with Patrick going for good cop! I quite liked her. Loved the winning skirt and the net skirt in the last round (and the less said about the alteration round the better!).
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 18 May 2016, 21:28

<waves> Lovely to see you back!! How's your sewing going?? (look - another reason why its so flipping hard to teach English to the little people!!!)

Everything you said! I'm not sure about her - blunt and uncharming - but I think Patrick is yummy - but I've always thought that!!! So happy he is good cop!

Loved the peplum skirt and net skirt and also the black and white flowery one - he lost a pattern piece.

Shocking alteration round! Must try harder!!!

I might apply next year.....
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby LucyLastic » 21 May 2016, 12:13

So, lovely sewing maestros, I am sorting through our suitcases, which are full of stuff. I have about a dozen fitred double sheets and half a dozen double duvet covers with pillowcases. I guess they're all cotton or polycotton. What can I make with them?
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 26 Jun 2016, 19:09

LucyLastic wrote:So, lovely sewing maestros, I am sorting through our suitcases, which are full of stuff. I have about a dozen fitred double sheets and half a dozen double duvet covers with pillowcases. I guess they're all cotton or polycotton. What can I make with them?

Use for toiles (is that the right word for when you make a practice version of something first)? Fancy dress for C? Simple lightweight summer kid's dress / shirt. There are some good tutorials online for pillowcase dresses if you make anything for little girls (I'm having a memory fail but I think C is a boy?).

UnhappyRightFoot wrote:How's your sewing going??
Good thanks :) . I've just made some big-bad-wolf dungarees and little red riding hood cape from this gorgeous book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Things-Fu ... 0297871250 and I'm planning to make the cover dress next! Had a mad week making some new T-shirts for Wriggles before we went away and dress / knickers set for BG. How about you? Have you had a rest after the wedding dress or has it inspired you to do more?

I've been enjoying GSBS this year. Esme's dress sense is a little mad! I was sad Angeline went and am hoping for Jade, Charlotte and Joyce in the final.
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Return to Crafternet