Christmas Craft Swap Chat

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: Christmas Craft Swap Chat

Postby Lily » 12 Dec 2015, 21:27

Glad you liked yours MJ! Good guessing.

Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm glad the postman didn't bring it today, there was nobody here to answer the door. Hopefully it'll come on Monday. Now I just need to work out who hasn't been guessed yet!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby LucyLastic » 14 Dec 2015, 17:37

So where are we with the guessing? Did yours arrive Lily? I don't think everyone has said what they got yet, have they?
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby LucyLastic » 14 Dec 2015, 17:39

I'm still trying to work out who sent me mine! Sf, maybe? Hours of sleuthing (well, minutes!) revealed very little, although I do know you crochet, sf, so I have to guess based on something! You're all such dark horses, or I am just completely oblivious. Probably the latter...
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby sabrina fair » 14 Dec 2015, 19:37

LucyLastic wrote:I'm still trying to work out who sent me mine! Sf, maybe? Hours of sleuthing (well, minutes!) revealed very little, although I do know you crochet, sf, so I have to guess based on something! You're all such dark horses, or I am just completely oblivious. Probably the latter...

Yes, me!!!

I actually hadn't crocheted before this craftswap (or had, once, unsuccessfully!), so I had to do much you-tubing to learn. I was pretty pleased with it though. Except I used a much thicker yarn than I should've, which meant that it was curling up, so the last minute addition was very thin wire (the sparkle thread!) to hold it in place. I'm usually a knitter but enjoyed the simplicity of crochet.

And the gooseberry jam was my other deviation from the original plan...glad you like gooseberries!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Lily » 14 Dec 2015, 21:12

LucyLastic wrote:So where are we with the guessing? Did yours arrive Lily?

Yes! It arrived this afternoon - a string of bunting which is now festooning our banisters, and three lovely fabric stars, plus some delicious looking brownies. I am guessing HappyFeet, based on the beautiful sewing. And I think Munchie designed the card; it's super cute and her name is so pretty too.

The stars have gone on the tree along with the felt decorations I got in the swap last time. I'm picturing it in a few years with loads of BLWers' handiwork all over. Thanks for organising, catie lou - these swaps are so much fun!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby qbm » 14 Dec 2015, 21:14

My tree has two beautiful knitted stars made by SF in a previous swap!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby LucyLastic » 14 Dec 2015, 21:19

Funnily enough, Marron nearly got a crocheted snowflake garland from me, but I changed my mind and she got a crocheted Christmas tree (supposed to look like this - I was pretty pleased with my efforts!), among other things.
I taught myself to crochet from youtube too and now have a pile of crocheted snowflakes (which need blocking, as they curl too) and some random crocheted holly leaves that I need to do something with!
I'm back to knitting now (hat for OH) then plan on doing a hooded cape (little red riding hood-esque) for C (although I'm not 100% decided on my pattern yet!)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby sabrina fair » 14 Dec 2015, 22:28

MilkyJoe wrote:My tree has two beautiful knitted stars made by SF in a previous swap!

:D :D :D They were silver with sparkly thread, no? I clearly like stars!
sabrina fair

Postby sabrina fair » 14 Dec 2015, 22:29

And LL - I hadn't thought of blocking to stop the curl...I'll try that next time!
sabrina fair

Postby Marrow » 15 Dec 2015, 09:31

LucyLastic wrote:Funnily enough, Marron ... got a crocheted Christmas tree (supposed to look like this - I was pretty pleased with my efforts!), among other things.

I can confirm that my Christmas tree (which has, in fact, been claimed as Courgette's Christmas tree...) looks just like the one in the picture. It's very cheery indeed.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Dec 2015, 16:38

I'm not getting far with my sleuthing either but I think I've narrowed it down to MJ being the only person left lol. Thank you.

And I need to make an amendment as luckily I found out it was play dough not gingerbread before we ate it lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 15 Dec 2015, 19:47

I've got 4 beautiful wire and beaded snowflake decorations for my tree! Just beautiful thank you swappeeeeeee! (I also have a bit of signal for the first time in days!! I'm standing on a rather blustery balcony, strictly pointing east!!!)

Yes, Lily twas me! Pleased they finally arrived - I posted on Thursday! Enjoy the brownies! Shall sleuth and return with a guess shortly!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby LucyLastic » 15 Dec 2015, 22:08

Kc - I actually lolled at your playdough/gingerbread thing :-D

Your sleuthing should be pretty straight-forward, HF, unless you don't read the last few pages of this thread!

Well, I really enjoyed this little swap of ours. Thanks again catie_lou for organising. We may have been a select few, but that certainly didn't dampen my enthusiasm. Same place, same time next year? :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Dec 2015, 22:11

In my defence, it's gingerbread coloured and smells of ginger/cinnamon/lovely Christmassy things lol.

Luckily I got an FB message telling me not to eat it lol. I think (hope) I would have realised when I got it out of the bag
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby qbm » 19 Dec 2015, 13:42

Yes, it was me!

The play dough was a very last minute addition. I had planned to make and decorate some gingerbread elk but wasn't organised enough to have thought about how to actually package them and hadn't wanted to be late. It was only after I'd sent the play dough that I realised you'd probably have made some already as an advent activity.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

PreviousNext

Return to Crafternet