Christmas Craft Swap Chat

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: Christmas Craft Swap Chat

Postby catie_lou » 12 Dec 2015, 08:58

I am opening mine as we speak I can't wait any longer woo hoo
catie_lou

Postby catie_lou » 12 Dec 2015, 09:03

Drum roll...................................We have got a felt christmas tree with felt christmas decorations. DS went wow it's got my name on lol, he is currently decorating it as i type. I already know who mine as as I allocated names, thanks KitCameron. It will be in pride of place.
catie_lou

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Dec 2015, 09:46

Yay!

Mine's a beautiful red, green and gold star decoration that is made from lace - is it bobbin lace? It's really lovely, matches our tree perfectly (even though I hadn't mentioned that it's mainly green/red/gold) and monkeyboy's already hung it on there. Also some delicious vegan confection - I can't remember what it's called - lacy chocolate or similar with dried fruit and nuts on. I haven't decided yet whether to tell dh/the boys that they can eat it too!

Thanks so much!

My guess is.....Lily?
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Dec 2015, 10:00

Oh, having gone back through this thread I'm changing my guess - I think it's Marron because she described her make as small but perfectly formed, which's exactly what I thought when I opened it!
sabrina fair

Postby qbm » 12 Dec 2015, 10:10

Oh! I know, I know!! It's Lily :D

I managed to discount everyone else then something you posted confirmed it. <Miss Marple>

Thank you so much!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby qbm » 12 Dec 2015, 10:17

Oh wait. My previous post disappeared.

It said something along these lines:

I got four beautifully intricate papercut stars. I love them! DD1 immediately said, "Oh Mummy, they are lovely"!

I had also said something about having no idea who had made them except that it was someone very patient!

ETA I also got a wee paper folding house for the girls to colour and stick - just found it at the bottom of the box. Cute!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Marrow » 12 Dec 2015, 14:55

I got a box of delights! A pair of Christmas trees (one knitted and one beaded), two more hanging decorations (a bauble and a Santa hat), and a big pile of delicious marbled chocolate with goodies on. Thank you very much indeed!

LucyLastic? Based on geography and a few things you've said here.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Marrow » 12 Dec 2015, 14:58

sabrina fair wrote:Oh, having gone back through this thread I'm changing my guess - I think it's Marron because she described her make as small but perfectly formed, which's exactly what I thought when I opened it!

Yes, that was me. Yes, it's bobbin lace. And they are loosely based on Florentines but they've got a bit more biscuity stuff. I hope you enjoy them!
Marrow

Postby LucyLastic » 12 Dec 2015, 15:04

Thank you for mine, swapee, whoever you may be! I received a lovely crocheted red star garland with sparkle thread through it, some chocolate bark merrily festooned with Smarties and nuts and a jar of gooseberry and elderflower jam. The accompanying card says the latter was due to have been a festive seasonal alternative but it went wrong, which is actually quite fortuitous as far as I'm concerned, as I do love a bit of gooseberry! Really enjoyed this opportunity to give and receive - thanks for organising, catie_lou.
As for guessing, I don't know! I don't think there was a postmark. Maybe MJ, given the comment about a change of plans???
Whoever it was, thank you :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby LucyLastic » 12 Dec 2015, 15:11

And yes, Marron, it was me. Glad you like them. Making them kept me entertained for quite some time!
I meant to add a note to say keep the bauble out of your LO's reach as the pins aren't glued in. Also, the chocolate isn't dairy free (I scoured the aisles!) so please apologise to your OH. More for you!
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Kitcameron » 12 Dec 2015, 15:34

I got some lovely knitted??? Tree decorations like little cushions in beautiful colours and some gorgeous smelling gingerbread and a cutter which is fantastic timing cos SM and I are supposed to be making gingerbread reindeer and I haven't found te time to make the dough yet lol. She's not so interested in making dough, it's too sticky she says, but she loves cutting it out and decorating it.

As my swapees name and address were on the envelope I could go and check FB but in going to try and do some sleuthing first lol.

Thanks for organising CatieLou. This has been so much fun. Although I have just had a mad half hour searching the house for my pressie after my swapped was organised and it arrive a few days ago and I was organised and put it somewhere 'safe' lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Dec 2015, 15:50

Marron wrote:
sabrina fair wrote:Oh, having gone back through this thread I'm changing my guess - I think it's Marron because she described her make as small but perfectly formed, which's exactly what I thought when I opened it!

Yes, that was me. Yes, it's bobbin lace. And they are loosely based on Florentines but they've got a bit more biscuity stuff. I hope you enjoy them!

Florentines - that's the name I was looking for! I could only think of Neapolitans and I knew that was wrong!

Lovely to have some bobbin lace on my tree - my mum used to do lots of lace making and I learned when I was young, but haven't done anything for years. Don't think I still have my pillow. Have you done it for long? I think it's quite an unusual craft these days.
sabrina fair

Postby Marrow » 12 Dec 2015, 16:18

I used to do it when I was a teenager (cool I was! Still am...) but haven't for ages. My parents recently moved out of the family home, and amongst the enormous amount of stuff was my pillow. I had to buy a few more bobbins and spangle them, but I really enjoyed making it. Glad you like it!
Marrow

Postby sabrina fair » 12 Dec 2015, 16:32

Awesome - well lovely to have a gift from someone who also did bobbin lace as a teenager! I used to love the sound of bobbins thumping against the pillow - very relaxing! Maybe I ought to ask my mum if she has any spare lace making stuff!
sabrina fair

Postby qbm » 12 Dec 2015, 16:36

Not me LL...
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

PreviousNext

Return to Crafternet