activities with packing wotsits?

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

activities with packing wotsits?

Postby busmother » 06 Jan 2015, 11:25

I know you can buy the puffed corn wotsit things that you get as packing in parcels for craft activities. So, since I've received a large number of them in the post - any suggestions as to what we can do with them? I don't even know what they're properly called, so have had no luck in googling.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Re: activities with packing wotsits?

Postby pimento » 06 Jan 2015, 11:42

I call them packing peanuts... how about this? http://www.mrsec.psu.edu/education/nano ... eanuts.pdf
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby t&n's mummy » 06 Jan 2015, 11:44

My nephew has buckets of them, he generally uses them with his play farm as food/beds/ stuff to scoop with tractors. It is messy. Not sure about craft activities though, Pinterest?
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby DandelionFrosting » 06 Jan 2015, 12:05

Jumping in boxes of them is lots of fun! :D Sorry, I can't think of any crafts, either. I've always wanted to try floating a bunch of them in the bath, though.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby pirate_han » 06 Jan 2015, 14:40

At our local art cafe they do an activity called 'noodle doodle' where you stick those onto a pre-designed colouring page to make a 3D picture (so you stick the small circular end). We have one in the k-room of a sheep that B did. At the art cafe you just dip them in water and they stick - no idea if they are special craft ones or if you can do the same with normal ones? If not glue! :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby felizefun » 06 Jan 2015, 21:28

pirate_han wrote:At our local art cafe they do an activity called 'noodle doodle' where you stick those onto a pre-designed colouring page to make a 3D picture (so you stick the small circular end). We have one in the k-room of a sheep that B did. At the art cafe you just dip them in water and they stick - no idea if they are special craft ones or if you can do the same with normal ones? If not glue! :)

Ooh DD has those. They are called maze. Never knew they were Made of the same material as packing peanuts.
felizefun

Return to Crafternet