Quiet books

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Quiet books

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 05 Oct 2014, 19:44

I have just finally finished making one of these - so pleased with it as it has taken forever! It's basically a book typically made from felt containing lots of activities like tying laces, zips, etc and things to play with. Think they're more popular in the US where people use them in churches to keep kids happy and quiet (hence the name). I got a load of inspiration and templates from here (http://www.imagineourlife.com/2012/07/1 ... book-page/) but there's loads of stuff on the internet. Just thought some of you crafty types on here might be tempted - it's pretty addictive, I now want to do some Christmas pages but need to finish other stuff first!
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Re: Quiet books

Postby GHJingle » 06 Oct 2014, 07:30

I made for A for our trip to the UK, she loved it and still plays with it a lot. I also used the imagine our life page - I loved making the circus finger puppets!
A (May 2012), B (Feb 2016)
GHJingle

Postby emzit » 06 Oct 2014, 09:03

I've been 'working' on muncher's for at least 18 months. Must grt motivated and actually finish at least one page. :oops:
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby DandelionFrosting » 11 Oct 2014, 15:34

Aaugh, why did I just stay up until midnight making a felt elevator?! This is all your fault.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby Treeb » 11 Oct 2014, 15:41

I started pinning ideas for one on Pinterest a while ago, but that is as far as I got! I ended up deciding that it was too time-consuming for the potential pay off. L is the type who would play with it once or twice but then be bored of it and not look at it again for several months.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 13 Oct 2014, 10:33

GHJingle wrote:I made for A for our trip to the UK, she loved it and still plays with it a lot. I also used the imagine our life page - I loved making the circus finger puppets!
Oo, they're cute, I've not done that one! We're keeping ours for long journeys, it worked brilliant the weekend before last when we had two hour each way trip.

Oops, sorry DF, have to warn you, they're very addictive!

Do it emzit!

Pinning / planning is half the fun Treeb!
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Postby Kitcameron » 13 Oct 2014, 12:45

I think they look fantastic, but I have nowhere near enough skill to make one. I don't even know how to work the sewing machine I inherited from dhs grandmother.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Return to Crafternet