Work in progress bag for knitter/crocheter

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Work in progress bag for knitter/crocheter

Postby Eli » 30 Sep 2013, 16:32

I'm plotting Christmas presents. My friend is an avid knitter and crocheter but currently carries her work around in a carrier bag. I want to make her a nice bag to transport it in. Proviso, it needs to be a sewing project (I can't knit for toffee and I crochet far too slowly to be of use.) How big do you think I should make it? Any features you think I need, eg pockets and what sort of handles and fastenings do you think would be best.

I've been doing web searches but not having much luck, I'm hoping you guys are going to come up trumps as usual.
Eli

Re: Work in progress bag for knitter/crocheter

Postby VanillaPickle » 30 Sep 2013, 16:37

I'm making myself another one at the moment. I'm using an old pair of jeans - I've already cut the legs off and used those to make 2 bags so now I'm left with the waist, back pockets/bum area. I'm going to put 2 handles on and a little flap that buttons over. Inside I want to line it with some little side pockets - central division - bigger pocket for the other half. Does that make sense?
This is for crochet projects.
♥ Handmade & crochet items & gifts - CraftsByFenella ♥
★ currently available via https://www.facebook.com/CraftsByFenella
VanillaPickle

Re: Work in progress bag for knitter/crocheter

Postby ToothFairy » 30 Sep 2013, 21:06

I have quite a large tote bag type bag, it has big pockets on the inside and smaller ones on the outside. It fits several projects in it at the same time, and is big enough for a book of patterns as well.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Return to Crafternet