Can I make a cape? Or help!!!!

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Can I make a cape? Or help!!!!

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 17 Sep 2013, 15:56

So A has to dress up for school on Monday, a character from a fairy tale. I don't want her going in a Disney princess dress. Red Riding Hood seemed easy, I was going to ask my mum if she could knock something up for me :oops:. But mum has got a lot on atm, and I don't want to ask her.

So, can I make a cape? Have you ever done it? I don't have a sewing machine, so would have to do it all by hand, and tbh, I can sew but not brilliantly. I can probably get supplies tomorrow, what material should I use?

Too ambitious? Any suggestions? Anyone have a hooded cape I could just borrow :oops:
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

Re: Can I make a cape? Or help!!!!

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 17 Sep 2013, 16:47

Ah, scrap that. As much as I'd like to send her in a properly home made costume, I've just found something on Amazon that will be good for the day and a good addition to the dressing up box. So it's going to be a lovingly cobbled together costume, rather than a lovingly hand made one. I know, I'm a great big disappointment to the crafting world.
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

Postby A_W » 17 Sep 2013, 17:28

Don't feel bad. I've already got a crocodile costume and a Dorothy costume in my wardrobe for book days this year. One from Tesco and the other from a car boot. There will be no homemade costumes this year from my house either!
H - big school girl - April 08
A - my gorgeous boy - Jan 11
A_W

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 17 Sep 2013, 17:29

Well, if you change your mind you can make one from a large t-shirt. http://thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/03/diy-superhero-cape-tutorial.html/
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Return to Crafternet