The big reveal!

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

The big reveal!

Postby AB&M » 24 Aug 2013, 18:01

So who got what & who do you think made it? I'm on my phone so can't do a list of people easily if someone else could??
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Re: The big reveal!

Postby Gizmo » 24 Aug 2013, 18:12

Oooo can we open now?? Bugger DH has gone shopping and I don't know where he has hidden it so I'll have to wait until he gets back. He did say that he thinks it's from Scotland because of the postmark.
Gizmo

Postby AB&M » 24 Aug 2013, 18:32

Monday but I will be busy with family that day.
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Gizmo » 24 Aug 2013, 18:36

Umm DH walked in and I made him give it to me already... :oops: but :D :D :D :D :D

:) I know the lovely lady that made mine. Huge thanks QBM :) I can't believe you were worried about the finish, they are fantastic.

DD got a lovely rucksack in dark grey with red handles/armstraps with her name in purple being drawn by a multicoloured spotty crayon. She'll be putting all her animals in it tomorrow no doubt.

DS got a rucksack in beige with yellow armstraps with a cord tractor on and below the tractor is his name being splashed in the mud. Given that his current obsession is tractors he's going to go nuts when he see it.

They are just awesome. The colours are perfect and they are going to love them tomorrow. Thank you so much for putting so much thought into them, even down to the wrapping paper.

I got a super cool badge/broche that is a purple felt skull. It's very cool and I have already put it on my bag that is covered in badges and pins :)

There was also a very funny scottish tea towel which will be getting a lot of use.

I have a massive grin on my face now. Thanks so much.

Will upload pics when I remember my flickr password.
Gizmo

Postby Gizmo » 24 Aug 2013, 18:40

Here's the list..

Gizmo
ches
Emzit
SaintJuniper
Turtle'smammy
T&N's mummy
Rose99
fourweewonders
misschief
morlyte
peasmummy
toothfairy
madcatmummy
busmother
Biccytoria
Vanillapickle
Eli
QuietBatMummy
Blossom
Kanga
Fullhouse
Agatha'smama
Lily
B&M
Perpetualmadness
Camper
Gizmo

Postby ToothFairy » 24 Aug 2013, 19:25

I opened mine today as we're going on holiday tomorrow. It was three bags, one for each of the children. Martha got a spotty buttercup bag, Dilly got a bag with dragon spikes and tail, and Elsie got a little bag with circular handles. They all love them :D

My guess is Kanga.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby t&n's mummy » 24 Aug 2013, 19:34

Ooo currently stuck under half asleep/ feeding n but will open once am free... Might be a while. Gifts sound lovely, hope mine arrived to recipient :?
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby t&n's mummy » 24 Aug 2013, 19:43

I caved in and opened it now, there was a distinct danger I might be asleep before n tonight and wow! I have two crocheted scrub things for using in the shower.. Not sure what they are called... Poof...? They are lovely, the colours are great and they feel so soft, too good for using in the shower, I have no idea how you made them, or who you are, but thank you I love them! I have a bs postmark, lovely handwriting and someone who crochets to work with, it may take me some time to figure it out. Xx
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby t&n's mummy » 24 Aug 2013, 19:55

Quick guess... Pm?? If I'm right (based solely on how early you said you posted and all others who posted at a similar time seem to live in Scotland) thank you very much, I love them x
t&n's mummy

Postby StJuniper » 24 Aug 2013, 20:20

Boo, jealous. No package yet...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby camper » 24 Aug 2013, 22:00

Just realised I haven't opened the big parcel on the kitchen table yet! Off to do that with MJ... will report back in 5.
Squeeeee! :D
camper

Postby camper » 24 Aug 2013, 22:09

Wow! I've just opened a puppet theatre and make your own puppet kit! MJ is extremely excited and has declared a green pipe cleaner his favourite part! I think I know what we're going to be doing this Sunday. We might need some instructions on how best to set up the theatre though.
Thank you so much to my swapper - we love it :D Was it you, emzit?
camper

Postby emzit » 24 Aug 2013, 22:28

Yes it was me! I'm a bit obvious, aren't I? :)

So pleased you like it!

Given your location in the Sunshine State, it's meant to be an outdoor theatre, so basically just tie the rope around any tree or other suitable object and go for it! I did 8m so that should hopefully give you enough room to hang it up.

My parcel hasn't arrived yet, but we'll get post tomorrow so I'm hoping...
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby camper » 24 Aug 2013, 22:49

Excellent! And a big thank you again. MJ is so chuffed - and my kitchen is now covered in pompoms, glue, feathers and pipe cleaners... all in a good cause :D
camper

Postby Morlyte » 25 Aug 2013, 05:12

Wow the swaps sound lovely so far! I cant wait to see photos on Flickr! The theatre sounds amazing.

Also making me feel a bit :? about what I sent!
Morlyte

Next

Return to Crafternet