Teacher presents?

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Teacher presents?

Postby AB&M » 08 Jul 2013, 11:58

Is your child making something?

I still need to get Bruno to do his (don't want to leave it too late!). He's decorating notebooks & stationery for his teacher - I found a London roller stamp in Papechase that will make decorating simpler for him & be very "Bruno" still!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Re: Teacher presents?

Postby MumtoMonsters » 08 Jul 2013, 12:03

I think I'm going to encourage K to write short letters to her teacher and TA. Just something simple to say what she's enjoyed this year.

G will probably make a little card for each of the preschool staff. Next year I'll include a sentence from him about each of them as well. We did this when K left preschool and it was really nice - particularly as her Key Person had written exactly the same thing in her card too!
2008 and 2010
MumtoMonsters

Postby Rahgamuffin » 08 Jul 2013, 12:40

B has decided he wants to plant a Rosemary bush for his teacher (She runs gardening club & lives in a flat) - we've potted some of ours this week & fingers crossed it will stick! Probably make some flapjack for his TA.

He'll make cards for teacher & TA.
Mum to B (05/08), J (02/11) & L (01/14)
Rahgamuffin

Postby Svea » 08 Jul 2013, 15:30

Looking a making stationary also. Do you have good pins to look at, Claire?
Mama to M since 02/10/07, P since 08/03/10 and O 07/06/13
Svea

Postby handstand79 » 08 Jul 2013, 18:19

I think I'm going to cut a potato print of a forget me not flower and get ds1 to print the flowers to make a card. I'm also going to attach a pack of forget me not seeds and write in each card what ds1 has enjoyed most this year. We've talked about what he has enjoyed most about preschool and I've turned it into a poem. I'm going to print it out and get him to draw a picture of himself and them on it. He wants to make buns to take in and their theme this term has been the hungry catterpillar. I'm going to do a hungry catterpillar cupcake cake to take in, body of green cupcakes then larger red cake for head. That's the plan, but we have a whole house to pack too :/
handstand79

Postby Svea » 08 Jul 2013, 20:14

Potato prints sound good. Might also get some apple wrapping paper to wrap the exercise books.
And maybe a canvas bag. Oh I don't know. It's gotta be soon though....

For P's preschool I will just get some sweets or something as P is going back in September for another year.
Mama to M since 02/10/07, P since 08/03/10 and O 07/06/13
Svea

Postby weasley » 08 Jul 2013, 20:58

Scoot decided that he wanted to get his teacher/TA a rose plant because there is one in our garden that a pupil gave me 4 years ago and he wants them to remember him in the same way.

I've got a button silicone mold to make chocolate buttons to go With the roses. Scoot can do those himself. I will get him to make/write a card too, though I'm sure he won't be I pressed after all the thank you cards he's got to do.
Mammy to Scoot(4.7.08) and Toot(4.11.10) and Ducks(26.08.13)
weasley

Postby shye » 08 Jul 2013, 21:09

Good thread. E "graduates" this year (from nursery) and we all love his key worker. I want to give something but don't know what. She's also a mum of one of his fellow graduates/future classmates so she'll always be around.

Part of me wonders if we should just give a gift to the nursery, like some super hero story books (e is obsessed and everyone knows him for it)....
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby SparklePetal » 08 Jul 2013, 21:47

shye wrote:Good thread. E "graduates" this year (from nursery) and we all love his key worker. I want to give something but don't know what. She's also a mum of one of his fellow graduates/future classmates so she'll always be around.

Part of me wonders if we should just give a gift to the nursery, like some super hero story books (e is obsessed and everyone knows him for it)....

That sounds like a really nice idea - something they will all enjoy using with future children and will make them think of E.

I've been storing up my snippet of information that DD's keyworker always has toast and honey for breakfast... thinking of making a custom label to stick on a jar of local honey, saying "Mrs D's Special Breakfast Honey" :)

But I also really like the idea of writing a poem about DD's time at pre-school, especially as the leavers' gift from pre-school this year involves a poem.

I need to get moving on whatever we do, as this is her last week, as we go away for the real last week of term. It has gone SO fast!!!
Mum to DD Snow White (30/11/08) and DS Bluebird (13/09/11)
<><
http://sparklepetal.wordpress.com
SparklePetal

Postby Eli » 09 Jul 2013, 08:19

We've done flower pens in plant pots. The note says thankyou for working 'blooming' hard this year. I know its corny but I know it'll make the staff smile. Hopefully Mr Man will make a card too. Munchkin is including a handwritten thankyou note with hers.
Eli

Return to Crafternet