Completed Projects July

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: Completed Projects July

Postby CherryPop » 04 Jul 2013, 08:55

TwinklyMum wrote:Woo-hoo! I finally got round to making something!!! A new cover for our ikea footstool!
Now to tackle some cushions, roman blinds and chair covers.....

Oooh pics! We have the ikea footstool and I always keep a small fleece blanket tucked over it, but it would be nice to have a proper cover!

I've finally finished the rainbow blanket which has been languishing in my WIP bag for nearly 2 years :oops: . I've fallen out of love with it but the damn thing is done at long last!

Have also just made a Yoda hat for a friend's baby for a fancy dress competition on Saturday :D. I hope it fits him, it's hard making something without a model!
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Postby qbm » 04 Jul 2013, 10:11

Well, I hardly did any crafting last month as I've been feeling really rough. I did manage a freezer paper t-shirt for a friend who is moving to Kuwait and another t-shirt for OH's Fathers' Day gift that Froglet helped with. I'll upload pics in a minute.

Two nights ago I finally completed the bloody tedious lace shawl that I've been making for my nan's 80th! It still needs to be blocked but I am very, very happy that I don't have to crochet lace anymore :)

I am now on my summer holidays and am feeling alright so hopefully July will be far more productive!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Twinkly » 05 Jul 2013, 10:15

CherryPop wrote:Oooh pics! We have the ikea footstool and I always keep a small fleece blanket tucked over it, but it would be nice to have a proper cover!

I have uploaded a pic to the Flickr group.
Mum to V June 2011 & M Jan 2013
Twinkly

Postby AB&M » 06 Jul 2013, 21:08

I knitted myself a watch strap - pic on Flickr. I've been testing some knitted jar covers to see how long / wide I need them. I'm going to tart up some jam jars....
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Eli » 07 Jul 2013, 07:37

I've completed a whole garden of flower pens as thank you presents! I've 'planted' them in flower pots and -+ they look really effective even if I +7/+do say so myself! (Sorry for extras, Peanut's discovered typing!)
Eli

Postby AB&M » 11 Jul 2013, 10:16

I made a little felt ice lolly (a fab to be precise) from the latest Molly Makes magazine yesterday - I have little work on at the moment :D I love it. Bruno thought it was awesome and quickly discarded it. Annie licked it realised it wasn't real and threw it away.

But I love it so that's all that matters :wink:
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby camper » 13 Jul 2013, 20:22

Had a great day yesterday and managed to finish a couple of projects. I made a driftwood mobile with MJ - we had collected the wood together, and he helped me line them up in size order and passed them to me while I threaded them on the old fishing line we were using. I also completed the reupholstering of a street-found chair that DH brought home ages ago - I love the way it looks. I did also try and make a lampshade for a really cool retro lamp I bought at a market recently. However, it turns out that my wire-working skills are rather deficient: 4 knackered coat hangers later and I'm going to buy a rubbish old shade and re-cover it!
camper

Postby Scozzie » 16 Jul 2013, 06:03

Right, after watching this thread with envy, I can finally post something hooooray!

First completed project was out of need: I couldn't find a cotbed sized duvet & cover anywhere in Oz, so I cut a single duvet in half and upcycled a cover from an old double-duvet cover of mine that had been in storage here. The Poppet is loving her grown up bedding.

That got me on a roll, but I'm still pretty rusty so wanted a basic project to start with, so I made this:

http://www.simplesimonandco.com/2011/07 ... pdate.html

in a bright raspberry heavy cotton fabric, with green and blue ricrac and bias tape lines an inch or so above the hem. It's funky and cute, she wore it to play group today with leggings and it was tough enough for play too.

Next up I'm going to make her a bean bag out of another double duvet cover I have kicking around. Anyone made one and have tips or a tutorial link?
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

Postby Disco » 16 Jul 2013, 07:33

Never done a beanbag scozzie. That skirt does look cute, I might need one for me! Are you on the flickr group?

Camper your makes sound amazing, looking forward to seeing them.

I've completed 3/16 in project curtain, and made two skirts for my friends girls but forgot to photograph. One of them needs altered for size so I'll get that one before it goes back.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby Kanga » 16 Jul 2013, 08:25

I did a beanbag scozzie. Basically I cut 2 circles for top & bottom. Then I cut a rectangle with the circumference of circle as its length & the width however tall you want the beanbag to be. I stitched the rectangle together at the ends to make a tube then put the ends on. I put a zip in one of the circles, basically cut it in half & put the zip in there. I also made an inner bag in the same way, of old fabric & put the beans into that. Partly so the cover can then be washed & partly so the beans are more contained & less likely to escape!!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby camper » 16 Jul 2013, 08:50

Let me know how the beanbag goes scozzie - I've got an old one I got from freecycle that I've been meaning to cover for ages but never got round to it.
My weekend makes up on the Flickr group now for your perusal :)
camper

Postby Scozzie » 16 Jul 2013, 10:16

Kanga that is sooo sensible, I'll definitely do it that way. Phew. I had found a bunch of tutorials for teardrop-shaped ones but I could see it all going... err... pear-shaped. Thank you so much.

Disco I'm not on the Flickr thing (and I'm a Flickr virgin so not sure how it works) - how do I get set up?

Camper I'll update as I go, but by the sound of the projects you tackle I'm a complete amateur in comparison!
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

Postby Kanga » 16 Jul 2013, 10:18

I had visions of making a flower shape bean bag for dds birthday but not sure it will actually happen! Basic shapes all the way! ;)

Eta here and here is the one I made.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby Kanga » 16 Jul 2013, 20:25

Just made myself a half circle skirt. It's got an elastic waistband so was really easy but has a slight hitch. Although the waistband stretches the skirt doesn't so I was slightly concerned about it going over my bum/hips :? It did just about & I'll just have to get on with shredding! Put pic on Flickr anyway.

Will have to continue the search for easy skirts to make!

Kanga

Postby Disco » 16 Jul 2013, 22:32

Scozzie - I was also Flickr virgin until I joined here. Its easy. Go to flickr and start an account - 2 mins. Then visit our group here and message group admin (Skip) to let you join. She will wave her magic wand and hey presto. Then when you are uploading pics you can allocate it to the group, or if you forget to do it when uploading you can still add it to the group after. Its easy to do. x
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

PreviousNext

Return to Crafternet