Fabric paint?

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Fabric paint?

Postby peasmummy » 07 May 2013, 09:06

Recommend me some fabric paint please! Preferably one that is sold in Hobbycraft because I have a gift card to spend.

I'm planning on doing a couple of t shirts and canvas tote bags, so the paint needs to be suitable for both. I'm rubbish at painting, so one that doesn't bleed everywhere/easy to apply would also be useful!
Pea - Sept 2009
One little angel - January 2012 @10wks
Baby Bug - Oct 2012
peasmummy

Re: Fabric paint?

Postby AB&M » 07 May 2013, 18:42

I didn't even realise there were different types :oops: I've just got a pot of stuff I bought online!

I also have some fabric felt pens which are nice & crayons which Bruno used for the bags last year.
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby doodlesmummy » 07 May 2013, 18:47

you can buy fabric paint, but acrylic paint is absolutely fine on its own, I just buy the big tubes in the works or wilko. if you are putting it in clothing and wish to have a softer feel to the finish then you can mix fabric medium into the acrylic before using, but acrylic on its own is still good too. acrylic paint is good for stencilling but if you want to just have coloured lines onto fabric then you can buy tulip paint in a tube and use that.
hth
Dm
Doodle's Mummy

its not how much you eat...but how you eat it that counts!
doodlesmummy

Postby AB&M » 07 May 2013, 18:50

Ooh I have some acrylic paint from the cc box :D
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Return to Crafternet