Completed projects May

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: Completed projects May

Postby qbm » 24 May 2013, 18:52

Man, you've all been busy! Some beautiful things on Flickr.

I haven't done a lot as work and home have been a bit mad. I made a crochet brooch that I forgot to photograph and I also forgot to photograph my rather good superhero cape from last month :(

I have, however, made quite a bit of progress with Kat's silver birch dress. It won't be finished anytime soon but it'll be massive and too warm for a while yet so no rush.

I've just uploaded my first attempt at a freezer paper stencil - tentatively tried on an oldish vest. It's not perfect but I am so impressed with how it looks! Froglet has been obsessed with motorbikes since we went to Barcelona in the Spring so it seemed like a good starting point. I will be making many more! Thanks for the ideas and the help with it xxx
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Laura Tyewa » 24 May 2013, 19:14

I've finally completed the dress. I'm not totally sure it works all together but what the hell, it's done now!
Mum to L, born Feb 2012.
Laura Tyewa

Postby Svea » 24 May 2013, 20:50

I've cranked out 20m of bunting for our street party next weekend- finished.

Also half way through upholstering grandma's arm chair. I had been hoping to finish it this week but been feeling very tired so haven't managed as much as I wanted.
Mama to M since 02/10/07, P since 08/03/10 and O 07/06/13
Svea

Postby Jelly Belly » 25 May 2013, 17:51

The Chooby has decided the dress I think isn't finished does not need elastic in teh arms and has declared it wardrobe ready...

Also completed a dinosaur and minkie initialed taggie for my nearly exactly a week old nephew :bsmile ! Already wrapped and packed with the activity books for his three older siblings (cake in the oven for Big Bro and lovely SIL) so will have to try and get a snap for Flickr tomorrow.
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby AB&M » 25 May 2013, 18:14

Bruno & I have had a productive day too :D he cranked out a card for Nanny's birthday with the flowers he pressed at the beginning of the week & made a record sleeve. We then opened some new jumping clay and made Medusa, a flat star (testing my Christmas bauble idea) and with a few scraps I made a flower (narcissus possibly!).

Annie & I have also finished the butterfly display in the newly decorated TV & computer room :D

Tonight I'm determined to finish the owls on Annie's top that I have been embroidering for a few weeks - just the feet to go!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby peasmummy » 25 May 2013, 18:24

Churned out two stencilled tshirts for DD's godmother's DD's 5th birthday this morning, and last night I finished the quilt top for a cot quilt/playmat for my BFF's baby due soon. Just need to find some fabric for the back, then quilt and bind it. Can't believe how productive I've been this month, though the looming house move has helped. Anything to avoid packing!
Pea - Sept 2009
One little angel - January 2012 @10wks
Baby Bug - Oct 2012
peasmummy

Postby AB&M » 30 May 2013, 18:45

Love the t-shirts!

I have finished my fabric pin board. I think I'd like DH to hang it on the wall - that way it won't be so dangerous with the pin heads poking through the back :scream
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Previous

Return to Crafternet