FAbric to cover swing seat cushions?

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

FAbric to cover swing seat cushions?

Postby Pics » 01 May 2013, 16:51

I have struggled to find what i need online - it all takes me to US sites, or contract sites, or just somewhere useless!

I need to make new seats for our swing seat. I am going to use the multiple old foam cot mattresses we have to make the base and back, but want to cover them in a fabric that has some water resistance - and a little stronger than i can see in the shops, but not impossible to sew! I also need to do a new canopy.

Can any of you crafters recommend a fabric or place to buy something?
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Re: FAbric to cover swing seat cushions?

Postby Twinkly » 01 May 2013, 19:22

Why not use PVC fabric - the type you can buy off a roll that's used for table cloths. There are some really nice prints out there. My local linen /curtain fabric store has quite a selection.
Mum to V June 2011 & M Jan 2013
Twinkly

Postby peasmummy » 01 May 2013, 20:44

What about deck chair fabric? Not waterproof admittedly but I think you can get some that has a slightly plasticky coating to make the water beads run off.
Pea - Sept 2009
One little angel - January 2012 @10wks
Baby Bug - Oct 2012
peasmummy

Postby Pics » 08 May 2013, 22:27

Sorry to have taken so long to reply; we have all been feeling a bit rough. I like the idea of PVC in theory, but could get a bit hot and sweaty! I was thinking a kind oh heavy twill like deckchair fabric, but I'm not sure where to get it. I need to do the canopy too so need about 10 metres so am trying not to spend a ridiculous amount ........
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Return to Crafternet