The Great Summer Swap

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: The Great Summer Swap

Postby AB&M » 05 Apr 2013, 13:12

Don't forget to PM me your address peeps :D
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Lily » 06 Apr 2013, 18:31

1. Who would you like a gift for? You, children or your house? For Izbiz please.
2. What is your favourite colour, food, smell, anything else that might be helpful? Any colour except baby blue! He doesn't mind but I can't stand it! And no strong smells please. Also, we don't have a garden so outdoor things need to be suitable for the park (I'd love to get him growing stuff but sadly not this year).
3. What textures and patterns do you like? Strong, bright colours, fun prints, animals, and DH is always pleased when Iz gets anything involving vehicles.
4. Is there anything you dislike? Tweeness.
5. Do you have any hobbies? I knit. DH plays the guitar and would like to do more musical stuff with Iz.
6. Are you allergic to anything? Wool, and a lot of scented things.
7. What colours you like eg warm or cool? Silver or gold? Not big on pastels, but anything else goes.
8. Are you a sewer / knitter / crocheter / crafter / jeweller? Knitter, and occasional (not very good) sewer.
9. Would you rather have a finished gift or some stash items/craft kit sort of thing? Either is fine.
10. If you live outside mainland uk, how long does post take to reach you? n/a
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby qbm » 06 Apr 2013, 18:43

1. Who would you like a gift for? You, your child(ren) or your house?
Don't really mind! You choose. (Froglet will be 2 at the beginning of August).

2. What is your favourite colour, food, smell, anything else that might be helpful?
I really like blues atm, greens and purples as well (cold colours it seems!)... Not really that fussy tbh, I just hate pastelly pink!
I love anything that tastes of lemon, hazelnuts or almonds. There's very little I don't like really! I also like the smell of vanilla. Spicy smells rather than floral.

3. What textures and patterns do you like?
I love corduroy, stripes, spots and not over the top floral. The only thing I don't like is animal print.

4. Is there anything you dislike?
As mentionned, pale pink and animal prints! Oh and gold. Bleugh.

5. Do you have any hobbies?
I crochet and have picked up knitting again although I'm a bit pants at it. I used to make very basic beaded jewellery but haven't really bothered with this over the last year. I bake as well though not as much as I used to. I sew as well but am a bit of an amateur at this too.

6. Are you allergic to anything?
I can only wear sterling silver earrings (sorry)!

7. What sort of colours someone likes eg warm or cool? Silver or gold?
I like cool colours and much prefer silver.

8. Are you a sewer / knitter / crocheter / crafter / jeweller?
Crocheter mostly but knitter and sewer as well.

9. Would you rather have a finished gift or some stash items/craft kit sort of thing?
Preferably a finished gift please
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby emzit » 07 Apr 2013, 11:44

1. Who would you like a gift for? You, children or your house?
Preferably muncher, but if one came for me I wouldn't mind. He's going to be 2 at the end of August.

2. What is your favourite colour, food, smell, anything else that might be helpful?
Muncher has no preference,although he looks good blue. I like blues - royal, teal and duck egg blues particularly.

Not fussy with textures. Patterns... nothing I particularly like, I quite like retro patterns that aren't too over the top, even though I am not really a retro kind of person. If that makes sense.

Florals, animal print, nothing too bold. 'Çutesy' kids prints. I hate orange and not especially keen on bright yellows.

Muncher loves anything transport related - planes, helicopters, trains, bikes, diggers, the lot. At the moment he is doing a lot of pretend play with food. He likes books, especially ones with detailed pictures that he can search for things in.
I like reading, cycling, gym and do basic sewing!

Wattle, animal fur, and a host of other irrelevant things.

7. What colours you like eg warm or cool? Silver or gold?
Cool colours, definitely silver.

A basic sewer and a craftong dabbler.

9. Would you rather have a finished gift or some stash items/craft kit sort of thing?
Finished please!

10. If you live outside mainland uk, how long does post take to reach you?
Two weeks ish?
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby AB&M » 09 Apr 2013, 18:22

Anyone else joining in??

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby shye » 09 Apr 2013, 18:32

I really want to but with all that is going on right now I feel like I shouldn't commit as I don't know how things will progress in the next few months with my dad (and therefore my location, much less mind frame) :(
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby AB&M » 09 Apr 2013, 18:50

(((Shye)))

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Morlyte » 09 Apr 2013, 18:55

shye wrote:I really want to but with all that is going on right now I feel like I shouldn't commit as I don't know how things will progress in the next few months with my dad (and therefore my location, much less mind frame) :(

Completely understand Shye. Big hugs lady.
Morlyte

Postby StJuniper » 10 Apr 2013, 02:14

1. Who would you like a gift for? You, children or your house? I would prefer something for myself or Pollywog; my house is totally knicknacked and neat-thinged out.
2. What is your favourite colour, food, smell, anything else that might be helpful? I love navy and forest green, bacon, pine woods and bonfires, ummm...
3. What textures and patterns do you like? nothing too funky/splashy; I prefer understated/classic/vintage. A good stripe or plaid, vintage folky florals, or solids. I also really like Scandinavian prints/patterns.
4. Is there anything you dislike? kitschy/cutesy stuff, the colour purple (I don't hate it but I don't own ANYTHING in that colour), black olives.
5. Do you have any hobbies? Reading, gardening, cooking/baking, a little tiny bit of sewing. Um. I think I used to have more before I had a baby.
6. Are you allergic to anything? Pennicilin. Please don't send me any of that.
7. What colours you like eg warm or cool? Silver or gold? I wear mostly navy or other blues, forest green, goldenrod, coral/warm pink, camel, black, and grey. I have thought that list through probably unnecessarily thoroughly. I like both gold and silver.
8. Are you a sewer / knitter / crocheter / crafter / jeweller? A novice sewer. I have no idea what I'm going to make my swappee, my talents are limited.
9. Would you rather have a finished gift or some stash items/craft kit sort of thing? I think I'd prefer a finished gift since I don't really do much crafting and my son is too young for crafts.
10. If you live outside mainland uk, how long does post take to reach you? The internet suggests 5 days from UK-Canada but given Canada Post's somewhat cavalier approach to getting mail to people, I'd probably leave a little breathing room.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby blossom » 10 Apr 2013, 06:50

Questions:

1. Who would you like a gift for? my house please.
pink is my favourite colour...not cool I know but there you go. I also love turquoise. And silver.
Spots, love hearts, birds, flowers. I saw a bag made of moustache print yesterday that was v cool. I really like the types of fabrics that TF tends to use, fruit prints etc.
yellow
photography, reading, gardening, entertaining, cooking, crafting
gluten
love silver. pink, turquoise.
crafter
finished gift please
Sugarpie Nov 2007, Twinkletoes May 2011.
blossom

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 10 Apr 2013, 13:24

I don't mind, Tiernan will be 5 in July and Alannah will be 1 in June

I like purples and greens. And chocolate ;p
T likes "red and blue and green"
A doesn't like light colors because her mother is incapable of getting stains out ;)
We're not big on smells.
T is big into dinosaurs. A seems to like balls and music.

Bold patterns.

Smelly things.

Besides this place?? I sew, crochet and do embroidery mostly. I can knit, and I like it, but it doesn't seem to like me! I like reading too.

Nope. Well, animals, so no sending dogs through the mail!

Warm, I think. And gold.

Not a jeweler.

Anything!

A week.
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby Kanga » 10 Apr 2013, 20:09

Keep meaning to do this but been waiting to get on laptop rather than phone!

The children please. Dd will be 5 and ds 1 by then.

Dd likes green, ds has less opinion! ;) Bright colours look good on him though.

3. What textures and patterns do you like? Ds has a lot of things giraffe themed, he likes touchy feely books and different textured fabrics etc. Dd isn't that picky, has a bed spread with ice creams on it but likes flowers/butterflies etc too.

We don't like too much pink, dd has other opinions ;)

I sew, sort of crochet, cook a lot, with dd a fair amount too. The children like books, eating and food related activities :D Ds has been playing a lot with the toy kitchen recently. They are both quite outdoorsy! Dd is quite into drawing/colouring at the mo.

Not that we know of!

Fairly happy with any colour where the children are concerned. Probably bright rather than pastel though.

Sewer, not really but sort of crocheter!

Finished gift I think please :)

10. If you live outside mainland uk, how long does post take to reach you? n/a
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby AB&M » 10 Apr 2013, 21:43

There are still a lot of people who were interested from the other thread that haven't PMd me or done the Q&A.

Just saying.... Tick tock tick tock :wink:

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby VanillaPickle » 13 Apr 2013, 19:25

1. Who would you like a gift for? You, children or your house? Me or the house please.

2. What is your favourite colour, food, smell, anything else that might be helpful? Love purple, although I luuuurrrve chocolate I am trying very hard to stear clear, I'm very picky over smells being an aromatherapist so best stear clear of smells too (sorry!).

3. What textures and patterns do you like? Loving contemporary patterns at the moment, not into Kath Kidston style of things. Texture wise pretty open to most I think.

4. Is there anything you dislike? Don't like twee or frilly or too flowery

5. Do you have any hobbies? General piddling about with glue and bits of stuff making things, crochet, and now my Dremel! (glass and wood engraving so far)

6. Are you allergic to anything? Cats and various smelly things.

7. What colours you like eg warm or cool? Silver or gold? Bold colours (don't like pastels by themselves IYKWIM), silver more than gold.

8. Are you a sewer / knitter / crocheter / crafter / jeweller? Crocheter and crafter

9. Would you rather have a finished gift or some stash items/craft kit sort of thing? Quite happy with any of those.

10. If you live outside mainland uk, how long does post take to reach you? N/A
♥ Handmade & crochet items & gifts - CraftsByFenella ♥
★ currently available via https://www.facebook.com/CraftsByFenella
VanillaPickle

Postby AB&M » 14 Apr 2013, 21:06

Anymore for any more??

Oh and don't forget to PM me your name & address :D

Just a few weeks left to sign up. I will do the swap details at the end of the month.

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

PreviousNext

Return to Crafternet