Crafy plans for 2012

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: Crafy plans for 2012

Postby skip » 22 Jan 2012, 13:10

Spontaneously decided to make some shelves for the kitchen to free up some worktop space. Dh has cut up some offcuts from our bookshelves and is painting them white. Off to shop for brackets later. I hate my kitchen but there's no point in doing anything drastic to it as we plan on extending at some point. So it's little changes to try to make it bearable. Will do before and after pics if it works!
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby Disco » 22 Jan 2012, 20:12

ooh, I bet it will make all the difference in the meantime though skip :)

In other furniture related crafty plans I should've added I wand to sand down and stain our wooden step stools (got them from my mum from her wokshop they are covered in plaster and all sorts of stuff so it'll take some sanding to clean it up)
Also got my sister's old trofast frame which was in the outhouse for a while so is also grubby. Might paint that. Not sure yet.

I also want to make a chalk board somewhere. I've got the paint. Just deciding between painting the end of a trofast or a sheet of MDF or something in a big picture frame - if I can find something interesting enough that's make it look cool.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby PerpetualMadness » 23 Jan 2012, 23:07

I have a to do list:

- wristwarmers for mum's birthday (nearly done) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... -with-belt

- hat for niece's birthday (waiting for yarn, first one came up to small so is being kept for another child) http://sasw.blogspot.com/2005/06/croche ... -brim.html

- secret swap gift

- mother's day gift for my mum

- presents for three baking squishies due may to july

- scarf for my dad for his birthday (August)
Pumpkin's Mama xx

Pumpkin is 7, Butternut is 3. :-)
PerpetualMadness

Postby AB&M » 24 Jan 2012, 02:57

I've just decided I need a cowl to match the baby carrier cover / blanket I've done to wear with my denim jacket & other short coats. I have about 100m of super bulky left to do it. Any suggestions?

Was going to do this:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... -town-cowl
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby AB&M » 27 Jan 2012, 19:56

So instead of doing anything productive during morning nap, I sorted out my ravelry queue - DH will be pleased as I crossed some things off which means less tarn purchases!!

So my current to do list:
Finish Kitten's blanket
Finish wrap top
Finish Bruno's elephant oh & now he wants a mouse!
Tank top for Bruno using my chenille possibly
dress for kitten using my bamboo
Gloves / wrist warmers for me "(am thinking kg's pattern) using rest of cascade
Scarf for Bruno as his hobbies scarf is falling apart - I have a ball of 1 hour scarf yarn for that
Bootees / socks for kitten to use up leftovers - think this will be in time for next winter :wink:
Dribble bibs for kitten ready for teething
Golf club covers for Christmas presents for my bro

I'd like to make some simple baby toys too as there are a few arrivals due in Spring. Any suggestions?

Hmm still seems very long list!!

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Disco » 28 Feb 2012, 10:23

Just thought I'd update my list rather than work.. ahem.. to keep me going! and I'll procrastinate further by including links :)

Ok check me out ladies I've been knitting!
I'm part way through
-Pebble vest
-Baby sophisticate cardi I'm just waiting for my aunt to send me circular needles so I can finish the sleeves and collar.

And still to do..
-norwegian baby cap Although not sure if its actually a bit beyond my abilities for now.
-travel change mat
-baby kimono I'm going to do one jacket and one dress. (I'm preparing for two other ababies being born around the same time as mine)
-teepee
-Apron for MIL's birthday
-some fleece nappy soakers
-a Cot bumper
-a Play mat
--Big butt baby pants
-A wraparound skirt for me
-A reconstruction of a favourite dress - its looking worse for wear though as I need to unpick it and make a pattern from it and add a placket with buttons down the front so I can wear it whilst breast feeding! eek!
-3 or 4 superhero capes for the toddler birthdays this year.
- charlie tunic for S

hmmm... Theres no way I'm going to get all this done before june is there?!

Disco

Postby Jelly Belly » 28 Feb 2012, 14:42

The Chooby has done her animal designs and I have done the carpentry necessary for us to start making her circus tent. Not entirely sure I need to bother as she slept part of the last two nights in her 'den' :-)
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby Disco » 28 Feb 2012, 14:45

That sounds interesting JB, I can't wait to see pictures of the finished thing!

Disco

Postby realsLINshady » 28 Feb 2012, 17:00

Updating:

Little House on the Prairie costume for DD1 for world book day - dress, pinafore and bonnet. DONE.
Hitchhiker scarf for me. DONE
Cowl for sister's birthday - WIP
2 x Colette Jasmine blouses for me.
Colette Ginger skirt for me.
Curtains for our bedroom <faints>
2 x roman blinds for the kitchen <faints again>
Cushion covers for the living room - some fabric, some crochet - I know I want to do a fan & feather and one ripple.
I have 4 of DH's old shirts - three for dresses for the grils, one to be a Colette Sorbetto top for me.

Behold my productivity :D
realsLINshady

Postby AB&M » 10 Mar 2012, 21:55

I've decided that I really need to make kitten a pine fore dress like the one mum made. Pattern says 2 balls of 4 ply. I have 5 ply left over from the blanket but not 2 balls of 1 colour so I'm planning a hodge podge look...

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby skip » 10 Mar 2012, 22:50

Hodge podge is good. :)

I'm 3/4 through a made up pattern for feather and fan mitts for my sister's birthday but more urgently need to make some booties for a friend's New bubba. Desperate to resew my mei tai as it is sitting in bits, waiting for wadding to arrive. Thinking of doing mainly freezer stencil stuff for presents this year, though one nephew has demanded a superhero cape like his brother's... M has been desperate for a pirate costume too, so might aim for his birthday. Not enough hours in a lifetime to do all the things I want to do...
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby Jelly Belly » 11 Mar 2012, 10:19

We've started putting up 'Seasonal' bunting on the fireplace (the Chooby and i thought it looked sad when the Christmas lights came down. Winter was a mix of blues and grays with white lettering and pompom string (snowballs!). Spring will be green granny triangles, again with white lettering and various crochet flowers. I intended to make six triangles but have ended up with twice as many as it was a nice easy job to do while settling Squirmy for the night. Deadline is 20th March as that's the first official day of Spring. The Chooby can then make paper flowers and egg carton bugs to decorate the mantelpiece and both girls will be let loose on some polystyrene eggs with glue, paper, fabric and glitter when it gets closer to Easter (can we include the kids crafty plans here?). I just need to figure out how to add the lettering!

Circus tent is coming along nicely...
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby elmbed » 11 Mar 2012, 20:41

Oh dear. The entire world appers to be pregnant this year. So far I have:

- old uni friend due June (2nd child)
- old uni friend due July (2nd child)
- work colleague due August (1st child)
- local friend due August (2nd child)
- Bedford friend due Sept (2nd child)
- local friend due Oct (1st child - long awaited, so v v v excited!)

so all crafting plans are out of the window and I need to work out what to make for each new baby. Given lots of them are 2nd children it's even harder as they have everything they need...
elmbed

Postby Jelly Belly » 13 Apr 2012, 20:33

The girls are going to my mum's house for a sleepover next week (I am beyond excited!). The Chooby has been eagerly asking for one of those hugglebud pillows but the reviews all say how poorly made they are so I may have to attempt one myself.

Also mid-Milo :)
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby AB&M » 19 May 2012, 21:59

I'm revisiting the bunting this Summer & thinking of putting it up where ceiling meets wall in the playroom (no one will spot dodgy sewing up there!!) had a fab idea of a no sew version too with my felt a hole punch & some of that wavy ribbon stuff :D

My mum is getting a knitting mag each month & I saw a knitted baby book in it when I was down there. Loved the idea just need to get her to copy the pattern for me!!

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Previous

Return to Crafternet