Crafy plans for 2012

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Crafy plans for 2012

Postby Disco » 27 Dec 2011, 15:52

so after a wee nudge from B&M I thought I'd start this thread. Got lots of things going round in my head I want to make. and think I need to be SUPER productive over the next 6 months before little babe arrives and crafting will probably grind to a halt for a while.

So here goes -
New hand bag for me - based on current falling apart one.
I want to bulk do S's friend's Bday pressies again this year it was great. Not decided on what though - maybe dino hoodies.
A soft monster with babies for S (maybe a present for when new babe comes)
some cushions for the house and some for adult pressies
Change bag - based on simple grocery tote I like with a few pockets inside
Travel Changing mat roll
Teepee for S (HappyEst linked to it ages ago, will dig it up sometime)
Mei Tei with Padded straps
Some cute baby trousers, and some more trews for S as well.
Patchwork Cot bumper... something without naff pastel colours thank you very much!
Also a newborn snuggly head guard thing for the buggy.

eek I agreed to do bunting for a friends wedding.... that'll probably kill me simple though it is. not sure how much is needed. I should probably get started on that too.

And.. going to start knitting. i've got the needles, just need some yarn. Will start with a baby cardi and see how I get on. Easy Pattern suggestions happily received.

Hmm I'm sure there is more but can't remember.
So... what are your plans oh crafty mamas?
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Re: Crafy plans for 2012

Postby robyn » 27 Dec 2011, 17:02

Paper cutting- lots of.
Dolls-I want to do an Elizabeth the first and a Shakespeare puppet. I also want to design some paper dolls to be printed on to postcards, and simple softies to be printed on to tea towels.
Illustration- I want to get one of my little stories illustrated.
Dressmaking. I want to do at least a dress each for m and g, and a stack of dressing up stuff for m's birthday( not till August )
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby fourweewonders » 27 Dec 2011, 17:38

-Been checking out craft courses today to try and learn something new.
-Roman blind for bathroom. This requires me to make a decision on tile colours to match fabric to, or maybe picking fabric and matching tiles to that
Fourweewonders formerly know as nurseymum

Mum to B (b.sept 2006) & E (b.sept 2009) and R & A (b.july 2011).
fourweewonders

Postby Jelly Belly » 27 Dec 2011, 19:14

A crochet dress each for Squirmy and the Chooby (Lucinda Guy ones) plus a pleated skirt for Squirmy.
Baby blanket for a baking bean due in May
Baby blanket for a baking bean due in June
A stack of dribble bibs for the gift cupboard - always handy
A stack of Super Hero capes for the Chooby's friends (mostly October)
A crochet top for me me me (same as I did for one of the nieces this year)
Fabric storage boxes for under the coffee table
Cover for shelving that holds our towel - plain white with yellow gingham flowers and butterfly yoyos.

That's just the stuff I know about...
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby thebean » 27 Dec 2011, 20:29

Well I haven't done as much as I wanted this year with a new baby in April then we moved into temp house in september and I still haven't got my sewing machine out. But we move back in may June time and I would like to do some things for the house so

Quilts to go on all the beds - as in throws not quilt cover
T-towels, pot holders place mats ext for kitchen dining room
A rag rug for the boys room
A tent for the play room
And I am signing up for a beginners knitting course in jan

There's more than that but it's a good start!
Sarah mum to Harry born 26.01.09 and Jack 5.04.2011
thebean

Postby PerpetualMadness » 27 Dec 2011, 20:34

So far I don't have much on my list. I've found a nice crochet caterpillar with rings to make for my friend's new bub and if it works well i'll make another for another couple of cooking babies. I promised my mum a cowl. No huge plans yet but I'm sure more wil be added.
Pumpkin's Mama xx

Pumpkin is 6, Butternut is 3. :-)
PerpetualMadness

Postby camper » 27 Dec 2011, 21:32

DH got me a 3-hour sewing course for Christmas so I'm looking forward to getting a bit of inspiration from there :D
I need to make some birdie wings for MJ's best friend's birthday at the start of January.
I really want to make an A-frame tent for MJ to use in our front garden.
Unfortunately my Masters work starts up from mid-January and it's going to be a really heavy semester so I think I'm going to be out of action for quite some time :(

BTW - has everyone been off Pinterest for a while? I rely on you guys to come up with amazing tutorials for me to repin and you've been letting me down! :wink:
camper

Postby shye » 27 Dec 2011, 21:54

My plan. To learn how to sew. Any good tutorials out there? What should I do to start? (I can do basic drawstring skirts/pj bottoms)
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby AB&M » 27 Dec 2011, 22:14

So far on the list brought forward from 2011
- finish Dad's Christmas present scarf
- finish Bruno's multi coloured elephants (almost finished 1)
- finish Kitten's blanket
- finish ballet wrap cardi which is nearly a year old & give to friend's child

Add to that
- knit tank top for Bruno
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby littlemimi » 29 Dec 2011, 20:12

Oh my list is neverending. I'd still like to learn crochet. Been trying for years. I've found out one of my friends here is a great crocheter so I will try and persuade her to teach me. :)

I've got a huge list over on pinterest of projects. My highest priority are the ones from my kids sewing board. I'd love to make lots of things for L's birthday - I've got until July.
:)

camper - what's your pinterest name? I'll add you. I'm an addict. :oops:
'Mimi' to Little L 07/09
littlemimi

Postby Jelly Belly » 29 Dec 2011, 20:19

The herringbone neck warmer Kat made her MIL has just been added along with the gloves it inspired.

Plus four lots of season inspired bunting for the fireplace which I will make with the girls and add to or adapt on an annual basis...

Buzzing with ideas for my itchy fingers!
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby skip » 29 Dec 2011, 20:36

Baby permitting, I'm gonna attack my pinterest boards with a vengeance... :) and seriously might start some of next year's knitted/crochet xmas presents :scream

Definitely going to catch the elderflowers when they bloom on our tree this year to make cordial.
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby Disco » 29 Dec 2011, 21:14

skip wrote:Definitely going to catch the elderflowers when they bloom on our tree this year to make cordial.

Ooh definitely that... OR... elderflower champagne! Actually tha'll be one for DP to do.

I just remembered what I want to do for all the kids birthdays this year - Superhero capes and masks. Anyone have a favourite pattern for that?
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby camper » 30 Dec 2011, 07:35

camper

Postby Allium » 30 Dec 2011, 14:05

Pants...I was hoping to pre-empt this with a 'Crafty plans for January' thread as I found the length of the 2011 thread overwhelming & ended up ignoring it as I couldn't catch up! Serves me right for taking a forum break over xmas! I shall make a new years resolution to keep reading this...I just prefer to read it on my laptop so I can easily visit all the links & pin anything I want to do myself!

My crafty plans for 2012 begin with finishing the jumper that was supposed to be my winter jumper...should be finished by summer :? & finding my crochet book so I can finish Twink's crocheted tank top before he grows so much it won't fit. Alongside that I will be making all the dressing up clothes I planned to give the kids for xmas but didn't get time to sew because of extreme grumpiness/illness/lack of time.

And I should probably reorganise my fabric stash as it seems to have become 3 shelves of crumpled up, mixed up confusion. Oh, & find that other half-knitted sock...hmm...maybe it's lost in the fabric piles!
Mummy to Twink - 8/05/08, Squishy - 7/02/10 & Flopsy 1/11/12
Allium

Next

Return to Crafternet