Can I have my beginner's badge now, please?

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Can I have my beginner's badge now, please?

Postby camper » 06 Jan 2010, 11:17

I'm very proud of myself. Until today I hadn't used a sewing machine since Home Ec classes at school, but I have managed to successfully wind a bobbin, thread the machine, (turn it on! - usually my first stumbling block) and finish a Clothkits Nanuk doll I had been meaning to make for a friend's LO since about March. Next stop applique! ... ok, maybe not....
camper

Re: Can I have my beginner's badge now, please?

Postby doodlesmummy » 06 Jan 2010, 11:26

Well done you! and def yes for the beginner's badge!! :D
I do still fancy a clothkit bustle skirt - might order one with my last few xmas pennies!!
DM
Doodle's Mummy

its not how much you eat...but how you eat it that counts!
doodlesmummy

Postby realsLINshady » 06 Jan 2010, 18:20

DM - did you that someone helpful (I forget who now :oops: ) posted instructions for a bustle skirt so you can just buy your own fabric and get on with it. Its somewhere in the mahoosive crafting thread - I think.......

ANyway - I downloaded a copy so if you can't find it, PM me an emial address and I will forward it on.

Camper - welcome. Have a badge - but you have to blanket-stitch it to your sleeve. Applique ain't so bad - it was my first porject - the jeans on Flickr - its easier than it looks.
realsLINshady

Postby doodlesmummy » 06 Jan 2010, 18:43

Lin - yes I do have the instructions somewhere on one of my hard drives! But thanks for the offer and the reminder! I guess I am just such a novice with my sewing machine that I am useless at also choosing the right fabric for the right job, so thought the treat of a clothkit would take the guesswork/getting the wrong fabric out of my hands!!?!!

I guess I am just a big scaredy-cat...keep putting off sewing machine projects as I don't want to mess anything up (perfectionist in me!),
I might have to get DH to have a go first (he can use a sewing maching better than me), and then I can finish and claim all the glory! hee hee
DM
Doodle's Mummy

its not how much you eat...but how you eat it that counts!
doodlesmummy

Postby tolka » 21 Jan 2015, 12:36

Make bean bags for playing games, e.g.balance it on your head, juggling for older ones, or put bucket few feet away and try and throw them in!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the real success with free ccna labs exam and cisco ccna online training programs and latest network plus practice test Also prepare for next level with quality 642-427 - pass4sure questions and www.pittstate.edu and join Curry College
tolka

Return to Crafternet