Completed projecs- May 2012

Because BLW isn't just for lentil-weavers. Some of us like to piddle about with bits of felt and sticky-backed plastic as well.

Re: Completed projecs- May 2012

Postby BundlesMumma » 23 May 2012, 10:16

Thanks, I love the dress D! That us adorable.
Feeling quite productive the past few days. This morning I whipped up a trial fabric covered chalkboard, with a makeup sponge eraser, will be making them to put in busy bags for my friends wedding. Just need to make a pouch to keep it in.
I am a crafting addict always looking for new and unusual things.
Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, sling-wearing, BLW mumma to my gorgeous dd, Bundle. (Jul '11)

Facebook.com/bundlesballoon
BundlesMumma

Postby Disco » 24 May 2012, 08:47

Interesting BM. what did you use for the 'chalkboard' bit, just black felt?

I just uploeadeda pic of another wee cardi for the babe - although It wont be fitting until the winter. Its a nice wee pattern. I just decided to make it after I was stalled in starting a cardi for DP. I'm getting addicted knitting. (I've been knitting constantly but haven't uploaded much as keep running out of yarn at the very very end and starting something else before getting more yarn. I feel like I'm wasting time if I'm chatting to friend/family at home or watching something on iplayer and not knitting at the same time. I know I have a problem <Holds head in fidgety hands!>
anyway. Once I'd uploaded the pic I realised it looks all squint. I don't know how that happened. Clearly I've sewn the buttons on at the wrong place... It must be stretched on one side. Oh well.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby BundlesMumma » 25 May 2012, 19:22

I bought some textured sticky-back vinyl, think its actually called 'chalkboard vinyl' it weeks a treat using normal chalks and a make-up sponge as an eraser.
Like the cardi, very cute but doesn't look squint to me, maybe I'm wonky?
Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, sling-wearing, BLW mumma to my gorgeous dd, Bundle. (Jul '11)

BundlesMumma

Postby ToothFairy » 26 May 2012, 22:14

I just finished making a dress for me :D I'll get DP to take some piccies tomorrow.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Disco » 27 May 2012, 06:48

Great TF, Glad to have you back on form :D looking forward to seeing the pic.

I made S a builders work belt. I was going to give it as a present from the baby, but decided I couldn't wait as I was too excited - thinking he'd LOVE it. The boy has refused to wear it or have anything to do with it. :? Might try sneak it on him today for a picture. Surely a proper belt has got to be better then having your tools stuffed down your jammies' waistband?!
Clearly i know nothing. :mona

Disco

Postby Kanga » 27 May 2012, 08:28

Woohoo tf :) looking forward to pics. I did a T shirt for dd this week & still have a doll carrier to do for her birthday. & a million other things on my to do list!!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby monster » 28 May 2012, 04:19

That's a cute cardy DC. Love the dress TF!

I've managed another of kg's quixie hats for my new nephew - though it turns out he's so wee I'm not even sure he'll fit it before winter is out! I also turned one of DS's hoodies into a dino-hoody - it turned out pretty well, the proof being that he wanted to wear it today. :)

Would love to share some photos on flickr, but waiting on a response - does anyone know who I can pm?
my lovely little monster - October 2007
a mini monster - August 2010
and a little beasty - June 2013
monster

Postby ToothFairy » 28 May 2012, 05:34

Thanks Monster :D PM Skip, she should be able to sort you out.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Kanga » 28 May 2012, 08:32

Ooh, nice dress TF :D
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby LucyL » 28 May 2012, 20:25

I am giving myself a huge pat on the back for finally completing a project that's been an off-and-on job since I was pregnant with Bookworm :oops:

It's a tea cosy for my gran with two big sprays of lilly-of-the-valley embroidered onto it. In fact to be honest it isn't even a tea cosy yet, but to have finished that ENDLESS embroidery is a big milestone for me, so excuse me jumping the gun posting here, just had to share it! :D

Ridiculous really that it should have taken so long, but I seem to get insanely industrious when I'm pregnant, and then when baby comes along, lose all inclination to complete whatever I've started while pregnant, but this one I was jolly well going to force myself to finish, since my poor gran's been waiting for it forever now!
Mum to two gorgeous boys, Bookworm (May 2009) and Little Tiger (November 2011)
Musings about our homeschooling journey at www.smallstepstoabiggod.org
LucyL

Postby monster » 29 May 2012, 10:37

Thanks TF, thanks to skip I'm in - have uploaded a bunch of photos now. :)

Lucy - I know what you mean - it's great when you finally finish something that's been on the go for ages, so satisfying.
monster

Postby BundlesMumma » 30 May 2012, 08:10

Monster I am so impressed with your makes! Love the beard/hat!!

BundlesMumma

Postby Disco » 30 May 2012, 08:28

Wow monster theres a lot of awesome stuff there!

I've just uploaded some wee knickers to go with the tiny dress I made at the request of SIL. the bigger ones were sized 0-3 months but seemed huuuge, and she 'needs' them for June so I made smaller ones... not sure if they'll be too small. hey ho. They are cute anyway.

I will also upload a cardi later. I just need to weave in the last ends. I made it for S but naughtily didn't pay attention to guage properly and it'll be too small :? lesson learned. It'll do the next one in a year or two!

Disco

Postby monster » 30 May 2012, 10:02

Thanks - I had a busy spurt over the holidays but suspect I won't be getting much more done now.

Kanga - I'm looking forward to seeing your doll's carrier when it's done - I'd love to make one, but have no idea which style to go for.
DC - I find sizing so hit and miss, it doesn't help that I pay only vague attention to checking the gauge or measuring things. I generally go for quick and a bit slap-dash!
monster

Postby Kanga » 30 May 2012, 10:14

monster, this is the tutorial I have used. Seriously easy to do, just hope it works ok!!

http://www.domesticdork.com/2010/04/diy ... orial.html

Might have to wait till dd's birthday to get a photo though as without child and doll it just looks like a strip of fabric!

Kanga

PreviousNext

Return to Crafternet